Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

pablo7

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

anthonysemone wrote:
My guess is Pablo7 is a grade school teacher

Lol no, I just racked my brain going back and fourth on the prices between the 24-70 2.8 mkii for 1699 or the 70-200 2.8 IS mkii for 1799. I decided the 70-200 was the better deal right now.

Dec 23, 2013 at 02:04 AM
pfbz

p.3 #2 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

I was looking to pick up the SL1/40mm pancake combo as well...

Trying to order from Adorama yeserday was an exercise in frustration (servers hanging, incorrect shipping calculations) and even with trying to get assistance from customer service, I gave up. Tried again today... Their server problems are solved, they allow you to order it, it shows the correct price, but after going through the entire checkout process including credit card info, they flip you the bird. Out-of-stock, no-backorder

"Sorry! due to the great demand for this item we ran out of it. We are currently not accepting orders for this item..."

Amazon also has the SL1 body at $369 and the lens at $129. Body is out of stock, but they will backorder it (and in my experience, Amazon is quite prompt at filling backorders). Lens still in stock.

I am so tired of trying to deal with Adorama... it seems like it is always something with them. I'd rather give up the free bag and memory card than do business with them, so order placed with Amazon.

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:48 AM
Sjjindra
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

PfBZ
Sorry to hear of your tough experience. The day before yesterday, I had trouble figuring out how to get the SL1 package for $369 and 55-250 STM for $199 on their site and called. It all went well from there on (at least it will if they deliver Tuesday, that is).
Steve

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1261517/1#12014239

Dec 23, 2013 at 06:31 AM
pfbz

p.3 #4 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

I tried using 'chat' with Ad0rama... Truly worthless customer service rep. By the time I gave up and tried to call, they had closed operations for the day.

I love a good deal, but hate dealing with questionable business practices... All this 'put it in the cart, then enter your checkout info' before they tell you the price, then having to enter credit card info before they will tell you if it is out of stock is just nuts. And it's not the first time I've had this kind of negative experience with Ad0rama....

I think it's great that they occasionally offer killer deals. Even better that Amazon is usually quick to match their prices, and I get to do business with a company that I trust and doesn't pay games instead of Ad0rama.

Dec 23, 2013 at 06:48 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.3 #5 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Those prices are great. Wish that I could buy a Rebel SL1 for $ 369

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
leo11877
• •
p.3 #6 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

pfbz wrote:
I tried using 'chat' with Ad0rama... Truly worthless customer service rep. By the time I gave up and tried to call, they had closed operations for the day.

I love a good deal, but hate dealing with questionable business practices... All this 'put it in the cart, then enter your checkout info' before they tell you the price, then having to enter credit card info before they will tell you if it is out of stock is just nuts. And it's not the first time I've had this kind of negative experience with Ad0rama....

I think it's great that they occasionally offer
...Show more

Some vendors force dealers not to put the final sale price upfront. I know because I used to work for a retailer in NY many years ago.

Dec 23, 2013 at 03:03 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.3 #7 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Erik_J wrote:
Those prices are great. Wish that I could buy a Rebel SL1 for $ 369

Amazon still has the SL1 for $369 or I like Amazon's other deal even better of the SL1 with the EF-S 18-55 STM for $499.

Or we're you saying you just couldn't afford the deal right now?

Dec 23, 2013 at 04:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Sjjindra wrote:
Amazon still has the SL1 for $369 or I like Amazon's other deal even better of the SL1 with the EF-S 18-55 STM for $499.

Or we're you saying you just couldn't afford the deal right now?

Taxes are higher in Europe and we Yanks tend to pay a lot less for camera gear. But we are slowly catching up...

Dec 23, 2013 at 04:49 PM
pfbz

p.3 #9 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Some vendors force dealers not to put the final sale price upfront. I know because I used to work for a retailer in NY many years ago.

Yes, familiar with MAP. But 'show the price after you put it in the cart' is very different than 'show the price after you put it in the cart, enter your personal info, and begin the checkout process'. Plus not showing inventory status until you enter your cc info is just wrong....

Of course now I'm thinking about adding the Amazon $1,499 6D into the mix!

Dec 23, 2013 at 08:08 PM
WesN
• • • •
p.3 #10 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

I pulled the trigger on the SL1 + 18-55 STM from Amazon for $499. I really like my 5D3 and 7D, but having a smaller body will come in handy at times. Estimated arrival of 12/27.

12/24 Amazon package arrives at my door. I lift it -- way to light to be the SL1 + lens I ordered --- well it is. I think Iím going to like this body and lens.

Wes N.

Dec 26, 2013 at 02:33 AM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.3 #11 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

WesN wrote:
12/24 Amazon package arrives at my door. I lift it -- way to light to be the SL1 + lens I ordered --- well it is. I think Iím going to like this body and lens.

Wes N.

Same here. My SL1, 55-250, with Lowpro bag arrived yesterday evening from Adorama. I had the same reaction, the box was so light, I was worried if it was all in there, but it was.

This evening I set up my 400 5.6, with 2X III TC, and SL1 on a tripod and shot some fake flowers in the next room with live view. It focused quick enough and accurately. This combo should provide good reach for pretty static subjects, such as perched or nesting birds. The touch screen focus and shutter release is nice for this.

Tomorrow I hope to try this combo in the real world.

Steve

Dec 26, 2013 at 03:09 AM
WesN
• • • •
p.3 #12 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Well one big disappointment with the SL1 is whenever I press a button the rear LCD goes illuminated for 30 seconds with the shooting parameters displayed. OK, maybe second or two after a button is pressed is fine, but 30 seconds? Iíve gone through the menus, but havenít found a way to turn this off.

Kind of disappointing as I was hoping to enjoy this camera.

Wes N.

Dec 26, 2013 at 04:03 PM
WesN
• • • •
p.3 #13 · Canon 40mm pancake $129, EOS SL1 $369 and more deals

Kind of disappointing as I was hoping to enjoy this camera.

Well stupid me, as another person pointed out it was just the info button. I guess I need to do more shooting

Wes N.

Dec 27, 2013 at 01:11 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password