Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Tareq
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Hey again,

I know that soccer is not so popular in USA, and i don't see many threads on sports section lately with soccer photography, so i hope my soccer shots can have comments and posts, so here are the images from last week game:

I always prefer to shoot at evening time after sunset because the stadium light is good enough and constant, while when i shoot the game during the sunset [before sunset for first half and then after sunset for second half] i always get that harsh shadows prior to sunset, we don't have much clouds that can defuse the strong light from sun at least, in all cases, i wish if they play much earlier in the day time to have that strong direct light without shadows on most areas.

Edited on Dec 19, 2013 at 08:37 AM · View previous versions

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:15 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

nice set!

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:20 AM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:21 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Very good exposures and some good action here, in particular #3,4 & 6. Level in #1 appears a bit off, but easily fixed.
BTW: your avatar is disturbing for most photographers as it indicates what you were attempting to use was stolen off of sportshooters.com. I would highly recommend you quickly replace it with one of your own.

Matt

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:41 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Very nice work, also suggest numbering your pictures please.

Chris

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:01 AM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

schlotz wrote:
Very good exposures and some good action here, in particular #3,4 & 6. Level in #1 appears a bit off, but easily fixed.
BTW: your avatar is disturbing for most photographers as it indicates what you were attempting to use was stolen off of sportshooters.com. I would highly recommend you quickly replace it with one of your own.

Matt

Thank you very much for your comment, Matt!

I really don't know what happen to my avatar, because i am a member there on SS, maybe i didn't renew my membership or maybe they changed it or whatever, maybe better i just use another avatar of my own pic rather than avatar of a site.

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:35 AM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Aqualung wrote:
Very nice work, also suggest numbering your pictures please.

Chris

Thanks!

I listened to your suggestion and numbered my pictures, next time i will remember to numbering my pics if i post plenty.

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:38 AM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Not a lot of soccer posts because soccer season is over. I shoot MLS and high school a lot, and others here cover a lot of MLS, youth and so on...so come next spring in North America, there will be a lot of soccer popping up here.

Dec 19, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Carl Auer wrote:
Not a lot of soccer posts because soccer season is over. I shoot MLS and high school a lot, and others here cover a lot of MLS, youth and so on...so come next spring in North America, there will be a lot of soccer popping up here.

I see, i didn't know that.

Well, i mentioned USA as i think major members here are in or from USA, but i was hoping other members from Europe for example who shoot soccer to post, you know that the season there is still going on, and still in the 1st round.

I just came back from another game tonight, will post another day, and if i will be in mood tomorrow Friday i will go to another game very important between the 1st and the 2nd teams on the table of the league, also the colors of both team are great for soccer photography [Red vs. Green], unless one of the team wearing a different color of the original one.

Dec 19, 2013 at 03:03 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

Got some great action. Good color too. Don't know what the ambient temp was but these guys are really sweating.

BTW lots of soccer in the USA. Mostly at the school level. Don't know why it doesn't take off at pro level. Competition with football maybe.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

I really enjoy your soccer shots Tareq. Some great action in a technically solid set. I hope you are enjoying photography once again and that you also managed to get yourself that well deserved 400 2.8.

Best wishes,

Larry

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

OntheRez wrote:
Got some great action. Good color too. Don't know what the ambient temp was but these guys are really sweating.

BTW lots of soccer in the USA. Mostly at the school level. Don't know why it doesn't take off at pro level. Competition with football maybe.

You are right, here players are always sweating, we have so hot and high humidity weather in UAE, but that is during the summer and late autumn, but now the weather here is perfect, the temp is highly around 25-28 C by day time, but the play at night or evening time where the temp goes down to around 15-22 C, so i don't know why they are sweating as well!!!

I hope to see that, the only sport i really enjoy watching pics of are soccer, rugby and American football [which is similar to rugby kind of], but i wouldn't mind any other sports, team sports having my high vote over individual sports, and i prefer those open space or ceiling team sports than indoors, but to each his/her own as we all know.

Thanks again.

Dec 21, 2013 at 04:25 AM
Tareq
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ajman vs. Al-Wahda 14 Dec 2013 soccer

lhryshko wrote:
I really enjoy your soccer shots Tareq. Some great action in a technically solid set. I hope you are enjoying photography once again and that you also managed to get yourself that well deserved 400 2.8.

Best wishes,

Larry

Thank you very much, Larry!

Well, i keep doing soccer photography in case to get/have another job, in fact i am looking for a job in the press or newspaper, there is a company that is the best or highest income to work with, and i heard they are looking for some locals photographers, so i hope if i got a job with them then affording 400 f2.8 is just a matter of time, maybe they will give me 400 for the job, but if they didn't at least with the salary i can save easier and quicker to buy one, i pray it will happen so i can get back to photography seriously and strong again.

Best wishes,

Tareq

Dec 21, 2013 at 04:28 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.