New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

MaxBerlin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

If you're a NEX user that depends on magnification for critical focus you probably keep hitting the 'delete' button (C3) when trying to bring up magnification for critical focus.

The good news is that the C3 button can be assigned to the same purpose as the C1 button which is by default "focus settings".

The C2 as well and it works. However, the C3 (trash) only goes into 1X mode and further presses won't advance the magnification. Turning the C2 and C1 to other functions doesn't relieve this.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Dec 17, 2013 at 09:45 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

This might be better off in the Setup thread, where it won't get lost as soon as the discussion ends.

Dec 17, 2013 at 09:52 AM
MaxBerlin
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

carstenw wrote:
This might be better off in the Setup thread, where it won't get lost as soon as the discussion ends.

And deprive so many from the joy they'd have surmising I am a Canon troll ?

Nah... it's the Christmas season and I am in the giving mood.

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
farfisa
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

MaxBerlin wrote:
If you're a NEX user that depends on magnification for critical focus you probably keep hitting the 'delete' button (C3) when trying to bring up magnification for critical focus.

The good news is that the C3 button can be assigned to the same purpose as the C1 button which is by default "focus settings".

The C2 as well and it works. However, the C3 (trash) only goes into 1X mode and further presses won't advance the magnification. Turning the C2 and C1 to other functions doesn't relieve this.

Anyone else seeing this ?

I have the same behaviour on my A7--you get the orange box, but more presses don't zoom in. You can, however, use the button in the middle of the control wheel to zoom in, but then you have to move your thumb, so yes, it doesn't operate in the same way.

(I also tried setting C3 to "focus magnifier" with the same result).

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
MaxBerlin
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7r - getting C3 to perform like C1 for critical focus

What about zooming in when reviewing images - I found it in the menu but haven't seen a way to get it to the wheel like the NEX7.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.