Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Free EOS shutter count software

jgoetz4
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Free EOS shutter count software

Good evening folks,
Does anyone know of free software to get the shutter count from the 5D2 ? Apparently, EOS shutter count is no longer free. Thanks in advance
Jim...

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM
bogeypro

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Free EOS shutter count software

This should work & it's free. Click the orange "Download" button

http://www.shutteractuations.com/?did=1

Dec 17, 2013 at 01:50 AM
jgoetz4
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Free EOS shutter count software

bogeypro wrote:
This should work & it's free. Click the orange "Download" button

http://www.shutteractuations.com/?did=1

Thank you very much
Jim...

Dec 17, 2013 at 02:10 AM
bogeypro

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Free EOS shutter count software

you're very welcome, glad to help

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays - Mike

Dec 17, 2013 at 01:34 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Free EOS shutter count software

for a Mac
go to the Mac app store

Shuttercount is $2.99

ShutterCount
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS digital camera. The shutter count is read directly from a USB-connected camera, and thus provides accurate numbers that are not attainable with simple EXIF-based methods.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a Canon Service Center by doing the reading for yourself.

The app provides unlimited readings for an unlimited number of cameras, so you can freely track actual camera usage. Even if you work for a rental house or just lend a camera to a friend.

ShutterCount only displays the shutter count for still photos - video clips recorded are not included in the number. For a separate mirror movement reading (that includes videos) you should consult an authorized Canon Service Center.

Note: for the best compatibility with your camera it is recommended to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version.

WiFi on the EOS 6D and 70D must be turned off as it blocks the USB port when turned on!

Supported cameras:

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Canon EOS-1D X
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (requires firmware 1.2.1 or later for correct serial number display)
Canon EOS 6D
Canon EOS 7D
Canon EOS 50D
Canon EOS 60D
Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7
Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4
Canon EOS 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5
Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6i
Canon EOS 700D / Rebel T5i / Kiss X7i
Canon EOS 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50
Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Canon EOS Utility, Capture One, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.

Dec 17, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Free EOS shutter count software

The FoCal software for adjusting the AF on you lenses and cameras, is also a great software to get the shutter actuations from most Canon bodies.

Dec 18, 2013 at 02:12 AM
Scuppy
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Free EOS shutter count software

Looking at the above suggested site and only see the program for a MAC..
Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Apr 07, 2014 at 07:41 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Free EOS shutter count software

Scuppy wrote:
Looking at the above suggested site and only see the program for a MAC..
Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Haha, most of them are for PC or Unix so I feel very lucky ShutterCount is an actual Mac app! And it works great unlike the other funky counters I've tried. I think it's worth $2.99

Apr 07, 2014 at 09:15 AM
silverfox9142

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Free EOS shutter count software

Just downloaded Shuttercount on my mac. Thanks for the link.

Apr 07, 2014 at 01:02 PM
clund10

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Free EOS shutter count software

abqnmusa wrote:
for a Mac
go to the Mac app store

Shuttercount is $2.99

ShutterCount
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS digital camera. The shutter count is read directly from a USB-connected camera, and thus provides accurate numbers that are not attainable with simple EXIF-based methods.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a Canon Service Center by doing the reading for yourself.

The app provides unlimited readings for an unlimited number of cameras, so you can
...Show more

I almost bought this one until I saw the list of cameras it supported. It makes no sense to not support older models like the 40D. The older models will be the ones with higher shutter counts that you'll want to keep track of. It makes no sense to include the 70D, which is a new model (Yay I have 1000 actuations on my 70D!) and leave out the 40D. So I passed on that one.

Apr 07, 2014 at 04:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Free EOS shutter count software

clund10 wrote:
I almost bought this one until I saw the list of cameras it supported. It makes no sense to not support older models like the 40D. The older models will be the ones with higher shutter counts that you'll want to keep track of. It makes no sense to include the 70D, which is a new model (Yay I have 1000 actuations on my 70D!) and leave out the 40D. So I passed on that one.

It's not possible to get the shutter count from some of the older models, without sending the camera to Canon, so these developers don't really have a choice as to which models they can support.

Apr 07, 2014 at 04:32 PM
AgnesL

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Free EOS shutter count software

Hi,

ShutterCount app fro Windows is here: http://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount.
It looks and works the same way the Mac version does, except that history logging is not (yet) available in the Windows version.

Cheers

Aug 19, 2014 at 02:55 PM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Free EOS shutter count software

You do not need to pay to get the shutter count on older bodies as it is not "hidden".

You just have to know how to read "offset 0093" using Opanda or similar readers.

Just add 3rd field to the product of the 2nd field multiplied by 65536. The 3rd field can only go as high as 65535 so the 2nd field tells you how many times it has rolled-over

clund10 wrote:

Aug 19, 2014 at 03:02 PM
Joe Garner
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Free EOS shutter count software

clund10 wrote:
I almost bought this one until I saw the list of cameras it supported. It makes no sense to not support older models like the 40D...

As a matter of fact, it makes a ton of sense. Everything before 50D/500D runs on a different OS, so, in essence, a developer would have to combine two different apps in one.

Aug 19, 2014 at 05:13 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Free EOS shutter count software

clund10 wrote:

It's still handy when you buy or sell used or refurb current models. People always want to know the shutter count. It doesn't matter if the camera is 5 years old or 5 days. They demand that little number. t bought a refurb SL1 and it had 19 actuations.

Aug 19, 2014 at 05:14 PM
CSX700
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Free EOS shutter count software

AgnesL wrote:
Hi,

ShutterCount app fro Windows is here: http://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount.
It looks and works the same way the Mac version does, except that history logging is not (yet) available in the Windows version.

Cheers

Thanks for posting that link, I downloaded the Windows version and was able to check the shutter count on both of my 7D's. Seems accurate, the shutter counts matched my estimations for each body.

Aug 24, 2014 at 05:45 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Free EOS shutter count software

Cool. Thanks for the link

Aug 24, 2014 at 01:47 PM
AgnesL

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Free EOS shutter count software

Hi All,

The new version of our ShutterCount app supports the Canon's new APS-C DSLR flagship camera, the Canon 7D Mark II. So everyone can check whether his or her new Canon 7D Mark II is really new

Cheers,
Agnes

Nov 12, 2014 at 05:41 PM
Mike Sowsun
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Free EOS shutter count software

riokid wrote:
You do not need to pay to get the shutter count on older bodies as it is not "hidden".

You just have to know how to read "offset 0093" using Opanda or similar readers.

Just add 3rd field to the product of the 2nd field multiplied by 65536. The 3rd field can only go as high as 65535 so the 2nd field tells you how many times it has rolled-over

What are the 3rd and 2nd field values in this example?

Nov 13, 2014 at 04:33 PM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Free EOS shutter count software

The operative word in my post is the word " OLDER".

The SL1 in your example was released on 2013, so I am sorry to inform you that it is not in the old category. I was basing my comment on my 1D Mark IIn. The 1D Mark III does not show the info as it is already hidden some where else and not in offset 93

Mike Sowsun wrote:
What are the 3rd and 2nd field values in this example?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/msowsun/photo%20stuff/Photo15/_opanda.jpg

Nov 13, 2014 at 04:51 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password