New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

johnahill
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

I've got an oly 35mm shift that I'm trying to use on Fuji X-E1.
I'm on my second adapter now and both don't align properly when the lens is rotated and locked onto the adapter.
What I mean by that is the alignment dot on the oly lens doesn't align with the alignment dot on the x mount side of the adaptor.

This would not be a problem on most lenses but with the shift lens it means the shift movement is out of whack and not parallel with the camera so shifting left and right results in a slight diagonal shift movement.

This is the same on a cheap ebay adapter and my just arrived today fotodiox adapter.

If anyone has the Kipon adapter could you please check to see if this is any better.
Unfortunately metabones don't make an oly-x mount adapter, so the next step up would mean a very expensive novoflex

Dec 16, 2013 at 03:17 PM
dthrog00
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

Cheapie fotodiox adapters for OM to EOS have worked very well for me, hopefully their OM to X will work well for you.

Dave

Dec 16, 2013 at 07:32 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

johnahill wrote:
I've got an oly 35mm shift that I'm trying to use on Fuji X-E1.
I'm on my second adapter now and both don't align properly when the lens is rotated and locked onto the adapter.
What I mean by that is the alignment dot on the oly lens doesn't align with the alignment dot on the x mount side of the adaptor.

This would not be a problem on most lenses but with the shift lens it means the shift movement is out of whack and not parallel with the camera so shifting left and right results in a slight diagonal shift movement.

This
...Show more
Was the seller Fotodiox? I'd talk to him about it, he's great to deal with, he will probably check to see if they will all be like that, then make a design change.

You could also try big_is adapters on eBay, ask him if his have the same problem.

Dec 16, 2013 at 07:55 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

http://www.fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fotodiox-lens-mount-adapter-olympus-om-zuiko-lens-to-fujifilm-x-mount-camera-adapter-fits-fuji-x-pro1-mirrorless-cameras.html

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Trouble with OM - X mount adapters

Maybe I didn't word my post very well, the fotodiox has the same problem as the cheapie ebay adapter, doesn't align properly.

I've contacted amazon and fotodiox.

Dec 17, 2013 at 03:28 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.