New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon 6D high ISO review, part II

aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 6D high ISO review, part II

I've posted the 2nd part of the review on my blog. If you click on the first image all three will be available at full size.
If you care to see it, please use the following link. Comments posted on the blog are appreciated.

http://foto-gizmo.blogspot.com/2013/12/canon-6d-part-ii-high-iso-shoot-out.html

Dec 16, 2013 at 03:15 PM
krementz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 6D high ISO review, part II

Nice review. Thanks. I just bought the 6D.

Dec 16, 2013 at 05:22 PM
markshelby
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 6D high ISO review, part II

I liked the review, thanks.

My thought is that what really counts is not so much the degree of shadow noise as it is the degree of shadow details. I couldn't tell from that photo whether there was a difference in discernable detail between the 1DX and the 6D. (It looked like the curled brown leaf-tip in the top third middle might have more detail in the 6D pic, but it could be a difference in focussing and ambient light.)

Dec 16, 2013 at 05:34 PM
aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 6D high ISO review, part II

markshelby wrote:
I liked the review, thanks.

My thought is that what really counts is not so much the degree of shadow noise as it is the degree of shadow details. I couldn't tell from that photo whether there was a difference in discernable detail between the 1DX and the 6D. (It looked like the curled brown leaf-tip in the top third middle might have more detail in the 6D pic, but it could be a difference in focussing and ambient light.)

You are right Mark, all the exposures were hand held, so a slight variance in focal point and ambient light was definitely a factor. Still, I think the background feels a bit harsher in the 5D III image, although it is still acceptable, especially at 12,500 ISO. Keep in mind that none of the images have been touched and post-processing with a plug-in like Nik Dfine can improve the shots.

Dec 16, 2013 at 08:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.