FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · st pete beach location suggestions

Justin Huffman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · st pete beach location suggestions

Hello forum, im visiting family over the Christmas break and wondering if theres any FM'ers that might be able to recommend some shooting locations in and around the area of St. Pete Beach. thanks in advance

Justin

Dec 16, 2013 at 03:03 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · st pete beach location suggestions

Not much landscape potential around here, in my opinion. When I'm in the area, I mostly photograph birds, which are plentiful. You might enjoy Ft De Soto Park near St Pete Beach. Sunsets can be spectacular from there, particularly when a front comes through. The park has lots of beaches and bayous to include in your compositions.

Another idea is the Don Cesar Resort, a large pink structure on the beach.

Dec 16, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · st pete beach location suggestions

I saw that park on google maps, looks neat to check out thank you

Dec 16, 2013 at 05:22 PM
c5gowin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · st pete beach location suggestions

Not exactly landscape, but the sunrise this time of year comes up behind the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with a view point from Fort Desoto park. As you enter the park turn left at the T intersection and go to the end of the road. The bridge is an interesting design. It could make for a decent photo if the sunrise cooperates.

I was in Clearwater Beach last week for work meetings and seriously considered making a run down there for sunrise. That was about the best idea I could come up with when I was searching for photo ops in the area. The other photo I considered was the Tampa skyline at night from the hospital area. I did that a few years ago and it was not bad. Again, there are man-made structures so not landscape for the purists. You may want to try www.shothotspot.com for other photo location options/ideas.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:17 PM
OldProf
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · st pete beach location suggestions

You might want to scoot over the causeway to Tampa and photograph the buildings of the University of Tampa with their unique Moorish style

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · st pete beach location suggestions

Sounds good thanks everyone we get into fl tomorrow looking forward to it

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.