New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help re 5d3

dave chilvers
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help re 5d3

Please excuse me but now knocking on a bit in years and need young brains for help.

Am I missing something here, can you set up HDR in one of the `C` modes or do you have to just select or deselect it when in(in my case Av) shooting normally. Something aint right, I can`t seem to set up HDR in C1, C2 or C3 or perhaps they are not intended for HDR.

Anymore info about HDR settings etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help re 5d3

The C modes can be used for anything. You set up the camera the way you want OUTSIDE of the C modes (i.e., Av, Tv, whatever with any CFn or options you want), and then you record the current state under one of the C functions.

This is described on page 332 of your manual. But you invoke these steps from whatever mode, with whatever settings you want.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help re 5d3

Stan

Are you sure that you can register in the C1, 2 and 3 when setting hdr, it seems that I can get into the C`s from the menu right up to I set up hdr and then they are greyed out.

Dec 16, 2013 at 02:15 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help re 5d3

It would seem that you can only set the camera up for HDR on my normal Av mode and then set up the camera for normal non hdr shooting on C1, 2 or 3.

Can someone confirm this please?

Dave

Dec 16, 2013 at 02:30 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help re 5d3

Anyone??

Dec 16, 2013 at 05:06 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help re 5d3

I don't have my 5D3 handy, but it's simply verifiable by just following the steps. I gave you even the page number. Again, you don't register IN the C1...3, you register them from OTHER modes.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help re 5d3

This came up a few months ago and it can't be done for reasons only Canon knows.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help re 5d3

Stan

Believe me, I`ve tried all ways and if hdr is selected you can`t select c1-3 to register but it sounds like you have done it so who knows!!! perhaps there is something amiss with my 5d3. To be honest even at my level I can normally fiddle around for a while and the penny drops but this setting eludes me.

Have you actually done it yourself Stan?

Edited on Dec 17, 2013 at 05:29 AM · View previous versions

Dec 17, 2013 at 05:27 AM
dave chilvers
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Help re 5d3

Pixel Perfect wrote:
This came up a few months ago and it can't be done for reasons only Canon knows.

Well at least I`m not going crazy and it`s par for the course.

Dec 17, 2013 at 05:28 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.