Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Christmas Pressure

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Christmas Pressure

Off to the Post Office now to get my last one out before Christmas. The rest'll be b****ing to their families at the Christmas get-togethers about me.

Dec 18, 2013 at 05:05 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Christmas Pressure

SloPhoto wrote:
The card though was an amateur shot at a weird side angle with nobody looking all because the pro did not deliver the real shot on time. It was really sad to see.

I wonder if the pro they hired was someone cheap.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
JanetG
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Christmas Pressure

diggler, I tell anyone whose wedding is in November, that they will not receive albums until the next year. period. I don't budge on this.

for anyone's wedding prior to that, their cutoff date for ordering is November 15th. I pre-design everyone's albums so all they have to do is approve or makea a few changes, so it's not like I am making things hard on them. I have spent way too many holidays and other days I needed to be doing things for current clients, my family, etc., so be stressed out over lazy people that didn't want to make an effort until they realized xmas was coming.

perhaps I am just getting old, or perhaps I feel that as a married couple, it is time to grow up and take some responsibility for their actions, and take care of their business. I am not mean or anything about it - just UP FRONT when they sign contracts, even if that is in February. these are the dates and that's how it is.

portrait clients are different, however, I pretty much don't order prints past December 15th. THEY can order through my online system and pay for extra delivery if they so choose.

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:02 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Christmas Pressure

D. Diggler wrote:
I wonder if the pro they hired was someone cheap.

This photo was obviously from an Uncle/Aunt with a point and shoot. If this came from the pro the family would have gotten the pose/angle right themselves. They do a good job each year just with a tripod.

As for Cheap equaling slow delivery, I don't really see them as being related. Quite a few mid-high dollar people take quite a long time to deliver.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:41 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Christmas Pressure

friscoron wrote:
just working on getting the last couple weddings' digital files edited and to the clients before Christmas. Of course, this is happening right smack dab in the middle of my Nutcracker season!

I don't have much ambition to take on new shoots when I'm under a lot of pressure coping with the editing already on my plate.

Dec 20, 2013 at 04:19 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Christmas Pressure

JanetG wrote:
I have spent way too many holidays and other days I needed to be doing things for current clients, my family, etc., to be stressed out over lazy people that didn't want to make an effort until they realized xmas was coming.

The thing I don't cotton to is I've spent many Holiday times working into late nights, pushing myself to near physical exhaustion, trying to get product delivered for when they'd "really like to have it by this-or-that family get-together" when I know that THEY are probably enjoying time off from their own jobs with their families while I'm killing myself and sacrificing my own Holiday enjoyment just to try to satisfy their whims that they "would really like if this or that".

So I'm not killing myself this year like previous years. They're not paying me enough for that. They'll just have to be disappointed. They wouldn't sacrifice their health and family life for me if the situation was reversed.

Dec 20, 2013 at 04:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.