Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Jeff Nolten
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Oh, yea, I forgot Christmas. I sure hope I get that GPS gizmo I asked for. I'm sure that'l make my camera life complete.

Dec 14, 2013 at 09:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Jeff Nolten wrote:
Oh, yea, I forgot Christmas. I sure hope I get that GPS gizmo I asked for. I'm sure that'l make my camera life complete.

At least, you'll know where you are. Plus, you can get the map route to the nearest you-know-what.

Dec 14, 2013 at 09:27 PM
asiafish
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Nachos? Where?

Dec 14, 2013 at 09:27 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Dec 14, 2013 at 09:29 PM
erikburd
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My Canon outfit is complete!

I'm pretty much done with my kit. If I need <24mm or >200mm, I just rent it.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Hate to be the one to break the bad news to you...but your outfit is NEVER complete

Bill

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My Canon outfit is complete!

WilliamFinley wrote:
Hate to be the one to break the bad news to you...but your outfit is NEVER complete

Bill

True, i agree, we only say our outfit is complete when we can't afford something more, but our hearts and even minds keep saying "Its never complete".

I have 8 DSLRs, some glasses, even a digital medium format, LF, and still i find myself i am not done yet, i have the holy trinity zooms, but i am looking for having a holy trinity primes as well and 2 more super teles and then i can say i am nearly done or nearly complete about 90%.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · My Canon outfit is complete!

I have a Leica M Monochrom and a 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar. Everything else is just gravy.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · My Canon outfit is complete!

I had major gear lust and have owned or used pretty much every Canon and Nikon lens and body over the past 10 years. I have finally put a stop to my addiction and I am 11 months from purchasing any new gear. I narrowed down my kit based on my shooting style. 11 months ago I sold off all but 3 lenses. I now own only a 35, 70-200, and 300 f2.8 plus a 1.4x. When I need to shoot interiors or have a special project or feel like shooting wider than 35 I will rent the gear. It really is refreshing not to have to decide what to carry when I go out. .

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · My Canon outfit is complete!

When I go out for the day it's usually just a 35mm prime if I want to shoot in color, or a 50mm if I'm shooting black and white. Never could figure out why one medium pushes me to a different focal length than another, but I've shot that way since the film days.

My zooms are only for travel.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · My Canon outfit is complete!

No fisheye?

Dec 15, 2013 at 05:33 AM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · My Canon outfit is complete!

MY Canon outfit is complete.
My Canon outfit is COMPLETE.!!

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Turns out, I was wrong.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · My Canon outfit is complete!

I'm confident enough in the longevity of my 5D3 that I'm even considering spending the $$$$ for a RRS base plate.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · My Canon outfit is complete!

AGeoJO wrote:
Guys, keep in mind that he is getting his gear together for a trip to Germany and Austria......

I only used 6 lenses when I was stationed in Germany, but that was a long time ago in the Kodachrome era.

EBH

Dec 15, 2013 at 05:18 PM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Means you didn't get "I need new lens" addiction yet There is no such state as complete if you got this into your brain.

Dec 15, 2013 at 06:22 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · My Canon outfit is complete!

asiafish wrote:
6D body with 24-105 /4 IS covers most of what I want to shoot in color, and will be ALL that I take on my (non photography) vacation to Germany and Austria.

70-200 /4 IS can pair with the 24-105 for photo trips.

85/1.8 for portraits.

35/2 IS for general indoor use and travel as a backup to the 24-105 zoom.

If I ever need longer than 200 or wider than 24, I'll rent it.

Oh my poor naive padawan. The journey to Lcoholism is a long and tortured path and I'm afraid resistance is futile. You will never complete your line-up, it's like chasing the end of the rainbow

Dec 15, 2013 at 06:33 PM
chas1113

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · My Canon outfit is complete!

asiafish wrote:
6D body with 24-105 /4 IS covers most of what I want to shoot in color, and will be ALL that I take on my (non photography) vacation to Germany and Austria.

70-200 /4 IS can pair with the 24-105 for photo trips.

85/1.8 for portraits.

35/2 IS for general indoor use and travel as a backup to the 24-105 zoom.

If I ever need longer than 200 or wider than 24, I'll rent it.

Mine was too! Until yesterday.

Dec 15, 2013 at 07:15 PM
asiafish
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Honestly most of my money is in my Leica outfit, and that is where most of my future GAS is likely to be directed. A color digital or a film M is likely next, and I only have one 35mm and one 90mm Leica lens, though my three 50mm lenses cover just about everything I want at that focal length.

Dec 15, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · My Canon outfit is complete!

If you need a new addition try the new 200-400L with built in 1.4 tele built in. I've had several cars that cost less than that matter fact I think my first four or five altogether was less than that. I currently can't think of a firearm I own that costs that much. My computers probably cost less than that the gesktop, new laptop and Mac mini plus the two NAS units and other wifi equipment wouldn't add up to it. Hell, my photo gear altogether shouldn't come close an give 4l lenses, a elinchrom quadra lite setup, quantum qflash 5d-R , 7 D and 40D. If you add all the lite stands , modifiers grip etc it should still be low plus the pelican cases, Speedotron studio two lite kit and that ten years of investing in gear for my hobbbut I want one just have to sell something to get it eventually or save up for six months to a year. Disabled/retired vet

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM
user222
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · My Canon outfit is complete!

Jeff Nolten wrote:
I'm confident enough in the longevity of my 5D3 that I'm even considering spending the $$$$ for a RRS base plate.

That is a serious commitment to a single camera body, I wouldn't just rush in to a decision like that.

Dec 16, 2013 at 04:00 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.