Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              23       24       end

Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final ro...

MS PHOTO
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Well, not sure if mine will be as good as some of you amazing photographers, but I share a few.
1st- Is from the Outer banks , NC of a osprey nest that had the pleasure of photographing this past summer
2nd & 3rd are from Ted's pond of his amazing eagles, Thanks Tim for starting this outstanding post, I have been inspired by all of you guys, Thanks & Happy Holidays to all.
Paul

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    560mm    f/8.0    1/1600s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Dec 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM
OwlsEyes
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

All of these images are off the charts. The talent, vision and passion of photographers on this board is as good as it gets to you all… nothing but inspiration around here.

It's impossible to choose favorites, but these three shots suggest something about the direction my wildlife photography has shifted in the last 12-24 months. Tim, thanks for getting this thread started!

cheers
bruce

© BTLeventhal 2013

White on White (Trumpeter Swan, Cygnus buccinator)

Canon EOS 7D    300mm    f/5.6    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

© BTLeventhal 2013

Deep Woods Owl (Saw Whet, Aegolius acadicus)

Canon EOS 7D    300mm    f/4.0    1/50s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

© BTLeventhal 2013

Poison on Poison (Blue Jeans Frog, Oophaga pumilio)

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    100mm    f/3.5    1/200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM
BeeBalm
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Hi PhotoFriends,
I am really enjoying all your magnificent photos

Here are my favorites of each of your three!!!

1. Tim Kuhn
Painted Dogs is a stellar magazine cover!!

2. Thang
Cormorant with fish rocks!!!

3. mikedec
Wood Duck photographed sweetly, nice and low!!

4. Matthew
Sandhills Crane it's beautiful!!

5. Arbitrage
Bald Eagle has a magnificent wing span!!!

6. Ted
Bald Eagle last one stellar detail!

7. Morris
Bird Eating A Worn just sparkles!!

8. Don
Fox is impeccable, off the charts magnificent!!

9. Tim Foltz
Snowy Egrets just exquisite!!

10. Ken
Woodpecker it's beautiful!!

11. acjd
Ruddy Duck it's gorgeous!

12. Birdie
Shore Bird is stunning!!!

13. Tom in AZ
Cactus with water droplet is gorgeous!

14. Harsha
First photo detail is fantastic!!

15. Candor
Bald Eagle fantastic feather detail!

16. Eyelaser
Bird in flight is so stunning!

17. Mabidally
First cat is a beauty!

18. Scott Stones
Bear is fantastic with the yellow flowers!!

19. Canada Jim
Baby Pika is sweet!

20. Kosin
Gnatcatcher it's stunning!

21. William Finley
Coyote it's priceless!

22. Harry C.
Puffins yours ROCK!!!

23. Mitesh
Gold Finch is magnificent!

24. MS PHOTO
Osprey has beautiful detail!!

25. Owls Eyes
Owl his eyes are stunning!!

Can't wait to see more PhotoFriends post to this link!

I say to all these fabulous captures so far!!!

Happy Holiday from my garden to yours!!
BeeBalm

Edited on Dec 15, 2013 at 02:04 AM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

harshaj1 wrote:
Beautiful and inspiring work everybody.
These are few of my favorites from 2013.
Harsha

I don't recall you posting these previously Harsha but very glad you added them here. They are top notch!! I especially like that last one.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

some great images on here... these are a few of my better kingfishers

Edited on Dec 15, 2013 at 02:03 AM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2013 at 01:20 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Harry, what a set! Some of my favorite birds there and looking marvelous
You picked a great bunch Mitesh! Your work has been splendid and this set is just a taste of that!
Excellent shots Paul, no apologies my friend, these are some rocking shot!!!!
Super choice Bruce From the ethereal Swan to the sublime Frog martini, excellent work!!!

Tim

Dec 15, 2013 at 01:58 AM
Vboer

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Perfect shots, everyone!!!

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:02 AM
MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Tim Kuhn wrote:
You picked a great bunch Mitesh! Your work has been splendid and this set is just a taste of that!
Super choice Bruce From the ethereal Swan to the sublime Frog martini, excellent work!!!

Tim

Thanks Tim for the kind words, still learning from all you guys & gals
Paul

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:15 AM
canon.eos30d
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Wonderful thread. I always enjoy this time of the year so I can view FMers' incredible photos. Thanks for sharing.

- Tam

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:46 AM
dorian
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

as i shoot 99% birds, here you go. hope you like 'em! lots of great stuff on this thread so far, keep them coming everyone.....

virginia rail pushed out of marsh by record floods (no tape!), massachusetts

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/8.0    1/1600s    400 ISO    -1.0 EV  

great gray owl, ottawa

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    400mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

atlantic puffin pair beak tapping to strengthen pair bond, newfoundland

Edited on Dec 15, 2013 at 04:01 AM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2013 at 03:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

birdied
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Oh my, all these shots are so nice. Really enjoying seeing these

Birdie

Dec 15, 2013 at 03:32 AM
johnip
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Super photos everyone! I've got a lot to strive for in the coming year! I'm continually in awe at the talent showcased throughout this forum. I didn't get to do as much photography as I'd have liked this year so it was hard to pick favorites from the few I've got. It seemed like it was raining most of the time, and work took up most of the rest. Here's hoping for clear skies and nice weather in 2014!

-John

Now for my favorites of the past year.

Hooded Warbler - Maybe my favorite bird. I just love these guys! They seem to always be skulking about in the brush, so any chance I get to photograph one is a treat, but this singing fellow really made my day. I still want to get a good shot of one in actual sunlight though!

Painted Bunting - What's not to like about these colorful gems? This was my first opportunity to see one and it was during the winter when he should definitely be down south on the beach. He came out into the open during a few moments of sun on a cloudy day giving me the chance to capture this photo.

Loggerhead Shrike - The Masked Bandit of the Pasture! These guys don't play around. They catch bugs and little critters and stick them on barbed wire and thorns to mark their territory. I saw one go after a Palm Warbler one evening; he wasn't chasing it away, he was thinking of dinner! This bird was much more laid back and perched for me while I clicked away from inside my car.

Dec 15, 2013 at 03:46 AM
Oldraven
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Hope non-wildlife images are ok. Lately I've been peering into the quiet, subtle lives of plants and trying to do photographic justice to the interesting stories I find there.

I expect to wear out my finger hitting the "like" button on this thread...& am really looking forward to it.

Thimbleberry: aging gracefully

Canon EOS 6D    Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZE lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/30s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Dec 15, 2013 at 04:28 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Wonderful images here.
NOt sure why, but I seem not able to upload any pictures to this thread. Tried twice!

Dec 15, 2013 at 04:44 AM
OwlsEyes
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Tim Kuhn wrote:

Tim

Thanks Tim,… I've got to say that your African Wild Dog shot is one of my favorite wildlife image posts I've seen all year…

To everyone else who has posted or yet to post, we are fortunate to have the FM community as a place to learn, share and network. I look forward to seeing more of FM's best of 2013 and what shows up in 2014!

bruce

Dec 15, 2013 at 05:06 AM
brian_sp
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

some of my favorite images cause this year i finally joined the ranks of the big guns with a 500mm

Dec 15, 2013 at 05:36 AM
mabidally
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

This is such a beautiful thread I wait for it every year, so much quality and inspiration in one thread.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

The work on this thread is spellbinding! I just went along and viewed the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition and many of the shots here would sit very comfortably alongside the best of those pictures.

I offer my humble efforts below, these are favourites for me because they are the first really decent shots I've ever gotten of kingfisher, red fox and little owl.

All the best in 2014 to all on the forum!

Paul

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

Great shooting everyone! I could't find one single post I didn't like.
This year I used several times my car as a hide to shoot godwits and barn swallows. I might do that next year again.
It was also the year I started to spend much more time with a single stationary subject like a mushroom.
Thanks for sharing, everyone and Tim for starting it with an amazing set. I'm looking forward to see much more.
Chris

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
brimull
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Best of 2013 Nature & Wildlife:: Round 3 and final round is OPEN::

I had a tie between about a dozen, but here are some of my 2013 favorites. Two just based upon my previous failures to capture a quality image of the particularly elusive species (for me, anyway!).

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:39 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password