Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Question about the Df from OWNERS

niXer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

I've finally have enough funds to purchase a Df but I still have some reservations and now that it's been out in the wild had some questions I can't find anywhere.

1) Is the silver version as "cheap" feeling as everyone saying? After days/weeks of use?

2) Has anyone used their Eye-Fi card with it? I had one when I had my P7700 and it didn't work so well. Wondering if it would be the same with the Df or if I should just get the WU-1A.

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
BrianVS
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

The chrome does not seem cheap to me, it's chrome over magnesium. Chrome over brass- feels and looks different.

Dec 14, 2013 at 03:14 PM
VinnieJ
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

I like both the chrome and black but had a preference towards the chrome. After talking with some YouTube reviewers they did say the chrome had a cheaper feel to it. I'm going to guess this is a bit subjective because I think the only difference is the type of paint used. In the end I got black but never tried handling the chrome. I haven't had any second thoughts since getting the black.

Can't answer the eye fi question, tried it a couple years back and it didn't work a majority of the time. A little bit after that the plastic write protect piece broke and that was it. I do plan on getting the wireless adapter.

Dec 14, 2013 at 04:56 PM
james.d53
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

I bought the silver!

Dec 14, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Danner
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

They both feel of equal quality to me, but I bought the black one.

Dec 14, 2013 at 07:42 PM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

Yeah I think I'll stick with my original preference of black. I hear it's easier to read in the dark too.

But no one has an Eye-Fi card they can test?

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:29 AM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

I have an eye-fi card, but no Df. Sorry.

Dec 15, 2013 at 05:11 AM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

Hey guys, so I really want to get a Df for myself in the new year...... but being that I am not independently wealthy ... it means I have to sell a few things off to afford it. So this is what I was thinking... I am thinking that I would sell some of my less used lenses - lenses that I thought I would use more, and in the end I don't really use them nearly as much as I thought I would. Firstly -- I would sell my 50mm f/1.8 AFS, because the kit is going to come with the newly styled one anyhow. Second is my 24mm PC-E .... I just don't use this as much as my 14-24. and third is my 28mm f/1.8 which I barely use. That would get me nearly the money I would need to purchase the Df. Just thoughts at the moment, no concrete plans as of yet.

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:01 PM
fsiagian
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

Why don't buy body only. You save $100 by keeping the old 50mm.

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:15 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

In Canada, Nikon does not sell body only. If I could, I would totally only buy the body.

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Avi B
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

lxdesign wrote:
In Canada, Nikon does not sell body only. If I could, I would totally only buy the body.

Hey David, I like your plan. Do it man!

Dec 19, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Roel
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

lxdesign wrote:

Actually, several Canadian dealers are now selling the body only. They are now splitting up the kits in order to do this.

Here is a list of the dealers who will do this:

Chrome:

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/05146/Nikon-Df-Silver-price.html

Black:

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/05145/Nikon-Df-Black-price.html

Happy shopping (and holidays too).

Dec 19, 2013 at 05:08 AM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

Ok if no one has tried it with an EyeFi card, has anyone used it with the WU-B1 or whatever? What I liked about the EyeFi is I could make my phone into a WiFi hotspot, the EyeFi would connect to it and transfer SUPER FAST then upload it to Facebook/Flickr over 4G LTE (Thanks Verizon!).

Can the dongle do the same or is it worst? I couldn't care less about remote shooting/controls.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:29 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

I should have an Eye-Fi Mobi arriving on Monday. I'll let you know if it works out.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
james.d53
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

niXer wrote:
Ok if no one has tried it with an EyeFi card, has anyone used it with the WU-B1 or whatever? What I liked about the EyeFi is I could make my phone into a WiFi hotspot, the EyeFi would connect to it and transfer SUPER FAST then upload it to Facebook/Flickr over 4G LTE (Thanks Verizon!).

Can the dongle do the same or is it worst? I couldn't care less about remote shooting/controls.

The WU-B1 works great! It is simple! Love it.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

kwhaley29 wrote:
I should have an Eye-Fi Mobi arriving on Monday. I'll let you know if it works out.

I look forward to your review!

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM
James L
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

niXer wrote:
I've finally have enough funds to purchase a Df but I still have some reservations and now that it's been out in the wild had some questions I can't find anywhere.

1) Is the silver version as "cheap" feeling as everyone saying? After days/weeks of use?

2) Has anyone used their Eye-Fi card with it? I had one when I had my P7700 and it didn't work so well. Wondering if it would be the same with the Df or if I should just get the WU-1A.

Cant speak for question #1 but on #2 Yes, I use my Eye Fi card with no issues at all. Great way to back up while shooting since there is no second card slot. Share on the go etc.. not sure how it effects battery life. Havent tried without it.

Dec 20, 2013 at 01:59 PM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

James L wrote:
Cant speak for question #1 but on #2 Yes, I use my Eye Fi card with no issues at all. Great way to back up while shooting since there is no second card slot. Share on the go etc.. not sure how it effects battery life. Havent tried without it.

Good to hear.

The problem with the Eye-Fi card with the P7700 was it'd be unrecognized because the camera would start up without the Eye-Fi card initialized. Easy fix was just to turn it off and on again, but annoying.

So the Df every time you turn it on the card is recognized?

Dec 20, 2013 at 02:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

Ya'll might want to check out DPreviews review of the Df. the list of cons is quite impressive, especially relative to the list of pros.

Dec 20, 2013 at 07:44 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Question about the Df from OWNERS

So far I love mine!

anthonysemone wrote:
Ya'll might want to check out DPreviews review of the Df. the list of cons is quite impressive, especially relative to the list of pros.

Dec 20, 2013 at 09:37 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password