Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

Orlov
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

I ordered these but it doesn't say they come with any cables. What cables do I need to purchase to use this with my Einstein strobe?these

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

Orlov wrote:
I ordered [Phottix Strato II trggers] but it doesn't say they come with any cables. What cables do I need to purchase to use this with my Einstein strobe?

The Einstein 640 has a 1/8" phone plug sync, but I don't know what your triggers have; could be a phone plug or something else. (It's definitely NOT a PC jack, which is what's on the other end of the cord that comes with the Einsteins.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Waki
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

Phottix flash units come with a 3.5mm (1/8th in.) jacks on both ends. I suspect the stratos uses 3.5mm as well and should come with a cable. I've bought cheap eBay triggers and they came with cables. Pocketwizards come with cables as well. Check the phottix website to see which cables come with the units when they ship.

Dec 13, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Greggbhill
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

Orlov wrote:
I ordered these but it doesn't say they come with any cables. What cables do I need to purchase to use this with my Einstein strobe?these

None.

I bought several sets of the Phottix Strato IIs and each set came with several cables, including the ones I use with my Einsteins - 1/8" I believe

Dec 14, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

Silly question on my part, why didn't you purchase Buff trigger/receivers and a Commander. Seems to me that you get far more capability than what you are buying and for similar money.....perhaps I am wrong, won't be the first nor last time. Can someone set me straight on this?

Jan 12, 2014 at 08:43 PM
Greggbhill
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What cable do I get to connect these to my Einstein?

In my case, I had my Stratos prior to picking up Einsteins. In addition to firing strobes, I used them (and still do) to trigger speedlites (600ex rt/580ex). The hot shoe connection is super quick to setup for triggering speedlites. Never had a problem with them, so I haven't felt the need to switch to buff receivers.

I do have a commander and CyberSync™ Transceivers, but mainly use them for adjusting power remotely. I use a Speedlite on top of Phottix transmitter for fill at receptions. Can't do that with commander.
Ymmv

Jan 13, 2014 at 01:56 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.