Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

astro-ep
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Full Spectrum Canon 40D

Sold

Price: $350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail

I recently upgraded the camera I use for my infrared photography and am selling my full spectrum Canon 40D. This was modified by Lifepixel, about a year and a half ago. It was modified with the clear filter, for maximum flexibility, so it can be used with any IR filter wavelength. It currently has a bit over 17300 actuations. I used it exclusively for IR photography with really excellent results. You can see some of my photos here:
http://www.ericchesak.com/Galleries/Infrared
(check description for camera used):

This camera can also be used for Astrophotography, since it is modified for maximum sensitivity to the entire spectrum. This makes it ideal for narrowband photography or regular full spectrum RGB astropotography. This camera will pass the Hydrogen-Alpha emission line, which is normally attenuated by the stock UV/IR cut filter installed in unmodified cameras.

The camera comes in it's original box, with 1 original Canon battery, camera strap, and an aftermarket 120/12V battery charger. It also comes with original warranty cards and info-pak from Lifepixel.

The camera works and looks super. The only thing I found was a little wear mark on the bottom of the camera from the previous owner's tripod. It looks like it marred the label as well. It's barely visible and does not affect the performance of the camera.

I'm looking for $350 clear to me. This is a super deal, since the modification alone will cost you at least $275. I usually ship via Priority Mail, but can ship by any means.

Monochrome IR

Right out of the camera (with Custom WB)

This shows the tripod mark on he bottom

Lifepixel Label affixed to the bottom

Shutter Count

Dec 12, 2013 at 01:45 PM
machinez
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

Bump for nice pics!

Dec 14, 2013 at 04:44 PM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

Thanks much. I really have fun with IR photography.

Dec 15, 2013 at 09:48 AM
aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

PM sent

Dec 16, 2013 at 09:32 PM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Full Spectrum Canon 40D - Great for Infrared (IR) or Astrophotography

Replied

Dec 17, 2013 at 09:07 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.