Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #116 Triple Drop

Howeird
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #116 Triple Drop

OK .. had a re think and decided to try this out - a difficult triple drop shot.. doesn't always work out.. but got something this time. Blue gelled flash on side with a yellow gelled flash as background.
Better than a static gymnast..

All the best and seasons greetings to you all

Take care

H

Dec 12, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Howeird
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #116 Triple Drop

Made a wee change to my entry..

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #116 Triple Drop

This is sweet Howard. Good luck... Jim

Dec 21, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Howeird
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #116 Triple Drop

Thanks Jim

All the best and seasons greetings to you

H

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #116 Triple Drop

Way cool shot, Howard. Love the electric looking colors. Would love to see the video on implementing this technique.

Happy Holidays,
Ed

Dec 22, 2013 at 06:35 AM
Howeird
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #116 Triple Drop

Thanks Ed
I've never thought of a BTS video on this.. might try next time I play with the drop kit.

Basically its a yellow gelled speedlight behind frosted glass at back and a blue gelled speedlight to front right on the actual drops plus a red gelled one to front left.

all the best and Happy Christmas to you

H

Dec 22, 2013 at 07:46 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #116 Triple Drop

This is really nice Howard! I would love to do one of these some day. The toning gives it a retro feel! Good luck kind sir!

Greg

Dec 27, 2013 at 09:40 PM
Howeird
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #116 Triple Drop

gregfountain wrote:
This is really nice Howard! I would love to do one of these some day. The toning gives it a retro feel! Good luck kind sir!

Greg

Thanks Greg.. you should definitely try it.. its addictive, you can control the visual effects on colours etc, but no two drops are the same, so its constantly changing which is the challenge and the fun bit.

Happy New year to you when it comes.

All the best
H

Dec 28, 2013 at 05:02 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #116 Triple Drop

Wow, what a cool image, I have not seen it done where there where three drops. What makes the water drops? Are they done in rapid succession and then you just fire away with the camera on remote?

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:01 AM
Howeird
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #116 Triple Drop

Travis Rhoads wrote:
Wow, what a cool image, I have not seen it done where there where three drops. What makes the water drops? Are they done in rapid succession and then you just fire away with the camera on remote?

Hey Travis.. I use a camera trigger system from Camera Axe (you'll find it on google) this takes a lot of the work out of the drop set ups.. as its automated and uses solenoid drop kits to fire the drops, flash and camera in sequence.. it does take a lot of the guess work out of it all.. you get to concentrate on the lights etc. You can use loads of different liquids, and even play with the viscosity of the water using additives... to enhance the water drops etc.. thats the creative side

Hope that helps

All the best
Howard

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:20 AM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.