Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Orlov
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

I am just getting into lighting and I wanted to know if these can be used with studio strobes like my Einstein or if these are only for use with hotshoe flashes like 580exii's etc...

Anyone set me straight on this and if these are not for use with strobes recommend me the yongnuo product that will work with my Einstein?

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:03 AM
Hawkan
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

I do not own any strobes so it is of no interest to me, but I suggest you google "The Other YN622C User Guide" which is very useful and - if I recall correctly - mentions some tested strobes and their compatibility.

Dec 12, 2013 at 07:33 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

The YN622 are designed for operation with Canon strobes due to their compatibility with Canon's ETTL system. If you don't need that compatibility then a cheaper solution is the RF-603, which can trigger both remote hotshoe flashes and studio strobes, the latter requiring a cable into your strobe.

Dec 12, 2013 at 08:05 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Orlov - I have a pair of E-640's, a AB400, a 580EX-II & a third party monolight. Currently I am using the CC, CSXCV & CSRB to fire these but the inability of CSRB's to fire on alternate channels has made me to consider YN622C's.

I am ordering them with a pair of YN-560-III after talking to a studio photog who has this combo and works. I will get these in on Monday hopefully and I will update this thread if you have not found an answer.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
tmalone893
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

I use my YN622 to fire my strobes. I have Calumet and Flashpoint strobes that both work with them. You will need the mono plug cable to make it work.

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Orlov
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

snapsy wrote:
The YN622 are designed for operation with Canon strobes due to their compatibility with Canon's ETTL system. If you don't need that compatibility then a cheaper solution is the RF-603, which can trigger both remote hotshoe flashes and studio strobes, the latter requiring a cable into your strobe.

How do these work with multiple strobes?

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:46 PM
KiboOst
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Also check phottix strato and strato2. One transmitter on the body, and receivers where you want (canon flashes, studio strobes etc). Cheap, well built and very reliable.

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:49 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Orlov wrote:
How do these work with multiple strobes?

You can add additional units. Each is a transceiver so you can use a unit either on the camera or the strobe.

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:55 PM
Orlov
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

KiboOst wrote:
Also check phottix strato and strato2. One transmitter on the body, and receivers where you want (canon flashes, studio strobes etc). Cheap, well built and very reliable.

Do those come with the cable to connect them to the srobes or do I need to purchase that separately?

Dec 12, 2013 at 06:23 PM
Orlov
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

I ordered the Phottix Strato II set, can anyone link me to the correct cables I need to hook these up to my Einstein? I don't want to buy the wrong ones.

Dec 12, 2013 at 06:31 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Yes, the RF-603 might be a better solution. The 622 has e-TTL compatibility which won't be much good to you with studio strobes. It also has a focus assist beam, but that may also be of limited value in a studio setting.

I have a few RF-603's and I love them. They're really fantastic little units and are very reasonably priced. They also double as a shutter release and can be used as a shutter release and a strobe trigger simultaneously!

Dec 13, 2013 at 09:03 AM
KiboOst
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do Yongnuo YN622s Worth With Strobes?

Orlov wrote:
I ordered the Phottix Strato II set, can anyone link me to the correct cables I need to hook these up to my Einstein? I don't want to buy the wrong ones.

You have the cables with the strato2 receivers. You will need a PC synch - plug 3.5 cable.
Drop an email to phottix with your order number if you are not sure.

http://www.phottix.com/media/upload/instructions/strato-multi-manual.pdf

Dec 13, 2013 at 09:20 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.