Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

sleepwalker33
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

I'm looking for some help here.

Increasingly I'm finding myself shooting small events where a business/organization would like images posted immediately to their facebook page. Not after the event but during.

I'm currently a Nikon shooter and have never used any of their wireless addons. I'm not sure if this is better than the memory cards that sync with a laptop remotely. I know these options exist, but which would be best for something simple but works well. I'm not looking for the cheapest or the most expensive option just a practical one that has been tried and works.

Help is appreciated.

Dec 11, 2013 at 03:20 PM
BlueBomberTurbo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

Not sure how much of an option this is for you, but my NEX-6 (and other Wi-Fi enabled NEXs) can transfer pics directly to a smartphone to share to just about anywhere, or even directly upload to Facebook and Flickr over an available wireless network. Same sensor as the D7000, so the quality is easily good enough for Facebook. Only real drawbacks are focus speed on some lenses and battery life.

Dec 11, 2013 at 05:55 PM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

sleepwalker33 wrote:
I'm looking for some help here.

Increasingly I'm finding myself shooting small events where a business/organization would like images posted immediately to their facebook page. Not after the event but during.

I'm currently a Nikon shooter and have never used any of their wireless addons. I'm not sure if this is better than the memory cards that sync with a laptop remotely. I know these options exist, but which would be best for something simple but works well. I'm not looking for the cheapest or the most expensive option just a practical one that has been tried and works.

Help
...Show more

Which camera?

Some work with EyeFi cards, some can accept the wifi addon and others can't do either and will need something else.

Dec 11, 2013 at 06:24 PM
blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

I've just started using the eye-fi card on my D3S. While I shoot raw in one slot, I shoot basic Jpeg in the other on the eye-fi and it goes straight to my iphone or ipad. I can upload quickly and directly to fb from there.

B

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:33 PM
James L
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

+1 on Eye-fi. Use it while street shooting and as a back up storage to my android device while shooting events. Upload and share to socials on the spot.

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:45 PM
chuhsi1
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

does the nikon wifi adapter work ok for this?

Dec 12, 2013 at 04:57 PM
AtelierPhoto
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

another vote here for the Eye-fi + Ipad/iphone combo.

Dec 12, 2013 at 06:47 PM
workerdrone
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DSLR to Facebook Live(ish) workflow????

What's the software for the eye-fi to mobile device transfer, and any recommendations on best eye-fi cards?

Dec 12, 2013 at 06:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.