Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Anthony, look at her makeup while climbing the rope. We both thought it was laughable. She normally works out in sweat pants and a sports bra, but as this was a shoot for a family mag, the sports bra wasn't enough. I think these were some of the shots that the magazine chose, not necessarily the shots that she chose.

Edited on Dec 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM · View previous versions

Dec 10, 2013 at 07:21 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Ron, good copy on the family mag. I'm looking at a quite old monitor on my MBP so I don't get a heck of a lot of resolution. Even so, she is a very, very pretty woman and I sure as hell wouldn't want to piss her off Again, you did a helluva good job capturing her IMHO

Dec 10, 2013 at 07:36 PM
Kialya

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Like #3 best. The lighting on #1 right and left weights does not match so my sense of composition is skewed. She looks good though

Dec 11, 2013 at 01:08 AM
oiseau0001
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Really like the lighting and composition in #1 and #3. I find the lighting looks artificial in #4. She's a great model.

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

#1 is my favorite. I love the symmetry. I looked at how everything lined up and I can tell you took a lot of time to set it up. It is a flattering portrait, she looks both relaxed and confident.

Dec 12, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Dustin Garrett
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Doing a crossfit shoot tomorrow night, should be interesting. Thanks for the inspiration!

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Thanks for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it, Doug. Really focused on my lighting right now to bring out the best in my subjects.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

First, great shots. I enjoy seeing great fitness photographs. The crop in the first one bothers me a tad, but I in a magazine spread or website, I understand things are in a 3x2 or 4x5.

I agree about the background needing to be toned down, but when I say need, I don't mean that the photo is bad at all. What I mean is, it would definitely make it that much better.

I enjoy seeing her row, because you can see even though her face isn't too strained, it's hard for anyone to row any reasonable amount of weight without having an odd look on their face.

I personally make a dumb face on an upgright row lol.

Dec 15, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Very nice captures.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:06 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

Thanks, Jonathan!

Thanks, Robert! When it comes to crops, I do use 2x3 or 4x5 or 1x1 a lot, but I prefer not to be limited by that. For me, the pictures dictates what the crop should be. Her legs are pretty muscular and it took away from the more of a glamorous look that I was going for here, that's why I went with the unorthodox ratio. I appreciate your comments.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Miker2
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Weightlifter in a dress (Pics added)

like the concept. they all came out good...1 is my favorite

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.