Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Any experience with the Induro BHD2 ball head?

KaBudokan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any experience with the Induro BHD2 ball head?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655335-REG/Induro_479_002_BHD2_Ballhead.html

This head has very good reviews on the vendor websites, and it's on sale at the moment. I've been lugging around a cheap Dolica tripod for a while, and while it's been relatively serviceable, the ball head has a lot of creep with any remotely heavy load (D600 and 70-200 2.8). (This is actually the heaviest load I'll have in the foreseeable future.) I'll be upgrading the legs before long as well, but I really want to get a better head sooner rather than later.

I've seen extensive reviews on the BHL series, and they seem to be well reviewed as well, but getting into the $300 range makes me think I should look at a markins or something similar.

Just wondering about anyone's specific experiences. If it makes sense to spend an extra $150-200 bucks for something that could be an integral part of my kit for 10 years, than ok, I'll do it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Dec 09, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any experience with the Induro BHD2 ball head?

I think I have the BHD3 and it's huge but terrific.
Had I seen one in person I wouldn't have bought one that large.
I have the tallest tripod also and they are just fine.
Good Luck.

Dec 09, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Red Rover
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any experience with the Induro BHD2 ball head?

I did not care for the tension adjustment that is an inset screw in the middle of the main locking knob on the BH-3. It did not seem to be smooth to me. Either too much, or tool little tension. It may have been a bad sample, but I returned it. Most reviews I have seen give it a very good recommendation though.

Dec 10, 2013 at 06:01 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.