Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Does your logo really matter?

BKphotography
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Does your logo really matter?

jmraso wrote:
BK !!!

Have you tried this nš1 bear from Belgium I will get you one next time I travel to Scotland

Yes please! I haven't tried it as I can't afford to drink beer at that price point

Truth be told I don't drink much these days... much to the disappointment of my mates

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:40 AM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Does your logo really matter?

or possibly because you can't?

Suspected troll confirmed. Over and out.

Edited on Dec 18, 2013 at 06:30 PM · View previous versions

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:41 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Does your logo really matter?

It's times like this, I'm glad I stayed out of a topic. Yet, since I wanted make a smart assed retort, I'll contribute.

I've been through a few logo changes. In the first couple of years, I was trying to find myself. I think we all go through this process. During that time, I analyzed my identity and how it fit with what I wanted to convey. I don't think a lot of "logos" really do this.

At the time, my style was bold, crisp, and personal. Those were my three keywords. For the most part, I still feel that way, even though my processing and style has matured into something a little less "bold" IMO. So, I created a logo based on that conveyance.

My identity is obliviously bold, crisp, and my goal is to become personal friends of a first name basis with my clients. Thus, I wanted something that reminded them of my first name. I don't care if people like it or not. I'm sure it doesn't make or break my identity, but I have had many compliments on it. It stands out from the rest of the amateurs, and that's the results I look for.

All I'll contribute is simply the fact that it's very rare someone is happy with their "logo". Expect to go through growth and find yourself reevaluating. Keep your competition in mind, but don't expect a logo to make or break you. While I did like the idea mentioned earlier about the relevance of a logo being the "gift wrapping" of your delivery, it's not the be all end all of the true lasting impression of your product.

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:42 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Does your logo really matter?

popinvasion wrote:
Seems rather disingenuous. I thought the discussion was about you? I did not realize you want to measure cox. PM if you want to discuss your branding further. I am semi-confused by your approach at this point.

No, the title says "your" logo.

I was looking for thoughts on what photographers think on how a logo effects their work.

After much deliberation came to my conclusion. I wanted to hear what others thought on the matter.

I didn't take offence when you said you didn't like mine (I've mentioned why previously in this thread)... I wanted to know where you were coming from thus me calling you out on yours.

Also, I have to decline your offer as I am a happily married man. I am open minded but that isn't for me. Sorry.

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:51 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Does your logo really matter?

amonline wrote:
I'm sure it doesn't make or break my identity, but I have had many compliments on it. It stands out from the rest of the amateurs, and that's the results I look for.

All I'll contribute is simply the fact that it's very rare someone is happy with their "logo". Expect to go through growth and find yourself reevaluating. Keep your competition in mind, but don't expect a logo to make or break you. While I did like the idea mentioned earlier about the relevance of a logo being the "gift wrapping" of your delivery, it's not the be all
...Show more

This is pretty much how I feel on the subject Alan.

Dec 11, 2013 at 09:58 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Does your logo really matter?

Damned !!! I cant find a decent picture of the beer I mentioned plus my right click doesnt seem to work so my dilemma is wether to buy a new mouse or have another belgium beer .

Talking about logos I find mine perfect and unique I have to say.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Does your logo really matter?

bryanlindsey wrote:
Suspected troll confirmed. Over and out.

Am a troll?

You're winding me up!

You are the one showing those characteristics.

I asked some questions of you with honest intent to see where you were coming from.

Just because I can't see where I went wrong, doesn't mean I wasn't wrong.

Trying to be an adult about this, you should too.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Does your logo really matter?

jmraso wrote:
Damned !!! I cant find a decent picture of the beer I mentioned plus my right click doesnt seem to work so my dilemma is wether to buy a new mouse or have another belgium beer .

Talking about logos I find mine perfect and unique I have to say.

You need to put down that beer mate

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Does your logo really matter?

jmraso wrote:
BK !!!

Have you tried this nš1 bear from Belgium I will get you one next time I travel to Scotland

Which one is that?? I think I tried #1 and #2 from 2011, or 2012, but I can't recall.

There are some bloody ugly labels on a lot of Belgian beers, and what's inside can often surprise (meaning they can be very good).

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Does your logo really matter?

ricardovaste wrote:
Which one is that?? I think I tried #1 and #2 from 2011, or 2012, but I can't recall.

There are some bloody ugly labels on a lot of Belgian beers, and what's inside can often surprise (meaning they can be very good).

Ricardo,

This is the link to it.

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/brouwerij.htm

if the one you had had a label then it wasnt.

Yeah most of them have ugly logos but who cares I dont even see them after a while

So with this Belguim nice beer analogy (sorry to hear you BK dont drink these days ) being so good in general and having ugly logos well ... logos are not so important for hand-crafted stuff.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Does your logo really matter?

Oh, I still drink... just not as much as before.

I like the "no logo" logo.

Funny, my wife likes a glass of red wine. I will chose her a bottle from time to time.

I never go by the logo on the bottle.

I read where its made, the description of the wine itself, the percentage and of course the price.

The logo doesn't help or hinder the process at all!

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Does your logo really matter?

BKphotography wrote:
Oh, I still drink... just not as much as before.

I like the "no logo" logo.

Funny, my wife likes a glass of red wine. I will chose her a bottle from time to time.

I never go by the logo on the bottle.

I read where its made, the description of the wine itself, the percentage and of course the price.

The logo doesn't help or hinder the process at all!

I still remember my crazy years in Scotland, I went to the wine shop to get the wine for dinner, it wasnt difficult 4 people to dinner = 4 bottles, 6 people to dinner = 6 bottles (plus plenty of beer for chating away while cooking) well the difficult thing to do was deciding what wine to buy among wines from all over the worl on the shelves (hundrends of them) I basically bought the spanish ones I knew they are good and the ones from other countries I got to know, well I think I still remember, or a kind of the flavour and the name, of the good ones I tried but you bet I cant remember the logo

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Does your logo really matter?

TRReichman wrote:
My opinion - design usually does more to qualify people out than qualify them in.

No client has ever thought, "I'm going to hire the photographer with the cool logo."

Again, just my opinion.

- trr

Like that. I'd say Logo is for ourselves. To identify us in a general way. For other photogs and possibly for vendors. However, I'd also add that superior branding (including Logo) is a key.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.