New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Blue eyes

Anurag
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blue eyes

Shot with a 35mm, head on. Yes, I know both are things I was told not to do but I don't have another lens and she hates being photographed from the side (she has this silly thought in her head that there is something wrong with her nose). I wanted to get her eyes to be sharp and the farther I got from her the less bright they got. Surely people have taken portraits with a 35mm lens before. How does this one look? How can I position myself (or her) differently for something more flattering perhaps?

PS. I didn't notice the headphone while I was taking the shot

Dec 08, 2013 at 02:01 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blue eyes

Changing the distance alone won't make the eyes less bright, photographically. You needed the extra distance to make it less unflattering. The posing and angle at which the image was made also work strongly against you. There are, or course, post processing tweaks that can help, but it's pushing a large rock uphill.

Dec 08, 2013 at 03:22 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Blue eyes

Step back so the foreshortening effect isn't as pronounced. Just means that you might need to crop a bit to get your desired comp, but a few less pixels is preferable to disproportionately unflattering foreshortened noses/chins.

Dec 08, 2013 at 04:32 PM
jackhopkins
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Blue eyes

She's sensitive about her nose so you emphasized it by moving in close to make it appear bigger?

Dec 27, 2013 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.