Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

nianys
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

Sorry folks about yet another A7 thread, I'm sure within a month the dust will have settled and we Sony users won't monopolize the board half as much as we do now.
But I need to ask :
I got my A7 about a week ago, and from day 1 it has exhibited a very strong Amber/Green cast in all White Balance presets, or even Custom readings. I am a strict jpeg shooter and NO, I don't intend to switch to RAW to handle the issue.
I had the chance to test my unit against another A7 body yesterday, which confirmed my fears : my WB module seems badly off tracks, and to pick up any amount of green light it can find, anywhere.
Since I made the purchase at Amazon they are working on a free replacement, which is great, but I found a thread on DPR describing a similar issue, so I'd love to hear from any of you regarding your A7's WB, and how accurate yout think it is.
Thanks a lot.

Dec 08, 2013 at 08:49 AM
RobCD
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

nianys wrote:
Sorry folks about yet another A7 thread, I'm sure within a month the dust will have settled and we Sony users won't monopolize the board half as much as we do now.
But I need to ask :
I got my A7 about a week ago, and from day 1 it has exhibited a very strong Amber/Green cast in all White Balance presets, or even Custom readings. I am a strict jpeg shooter and NO, I don't intend to switch to RAW to handle the issue.
I had the chance to test my unit against another A7 body yesterday, which confirmed my fears
...Show more
I find the WB to be pretty good other than the usual challenges with incandescent light. Although I shoot raw I find it easy
to adjust the WB in camera to overcome this which doesn't seem to equal your experience with the A7.

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:59 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

Since you won't shoot in RAW, you will always have this issue, unless a FW is release soon for it.

I does exhibit this in jpeg, I tested

You are exchanging a A7 for another exact A7 from Sony IMO

Dec 08, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Makten
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

Did you use the same lens on both cameras?

I haven't tried one single camera that had usable auto WB. The a7 is slightly worse than most of my previous cameras, but it's not an issue since I only shoot raw.

Dec 08, 2013 at 10:23 AM
nianys
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

jojomon11 wrote:
Since you won't shoot in RAW, you will always have this issue, unless a FW is release soon for it.

I does exhibit this in jpeg, I tested

You are exchanging a A7 for another exact A7 from Sony IMO

I tested two A7 units side by side with the same lens (FE 28-70) and the other guy's camera did NOT show the green tint at all, mine severely so.

Dec 08, 2013 at 12:45 PM
MaxBerlin
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Poll : anyone else with a consistent amber/green cast on A7's WB ?

It exists. In annoying alternating magenta and green circular tones from the center.

The A7's aren't delivering on the NEX7 promise.

Dec 08, 2013 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.