New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · EOS App & the 6D

usaftrevor87
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EOS App & the 6D

I apologize if this has been covered, but when I used the search bar I got a half answer, but not really what I was looking for. We all know that the 6d has wifi and the EOS Remote app can trigger the 6d.
My 6d is on the way and what I'm wondering is this.
Can a phone connect to the 6d without an overhead internet wifi connection?

For example, I'm out in the middle of the woods. Want to do a self portrait. Can I connect the camera to the phone and take a picture of myself (using the app) with no overhead interent wifi?

Does that make any sense?

Dec 08, 2013 at 05:59 AM
DRosdahl
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EOS App & the 6D

Yes. When you turn the wifi on, the camera creates it's own wifi network that you use your phone to connect to. Once this connection is established between the phone and your camera you can remotely trigger and view images from the camera.

The camera essentially acts as a wireless router for a network only capable of supporting the app.

Dec 08, 2013 at 07:22 AM
Sin City Stan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EOS App & the 6D

I use this feature allot with astro photos. You can focus and actuate the shutter. Also, you can access the memory card. I use an iPad and can see the photo and blow it up to check detail and focus immediately. I really use the GPS function a lot when out on the trails.

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:18 AM
jforkner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EOS App & the 6D

Check here for further info.

Jack

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:30 AM
usaftrevor87
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EOS App & the 6D

Ahhh this makes sense now. I thought it was more of a device that connects instead of creating their own. Thanks for the help & the tutorial.

Dec 08, 2013 at 11:53 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EOS App & the 6D

Sin City Stan wrote:
I use this feature allot with astro photos. You can focus and actuate the shutter. Also, you can access the memory card. I use an iPad and can see the photo and blow it up to check detail and focus immediately. I really use the GPS function a lot when out on the trails.

Did you download the EOS iPhone app to your iPad? The only one I can find on the app store is the iPhone version, which gets "blown up" and looks like crap when on the iPad.

Dec 09, 2013 at 09:34 AM
Sin City Stan

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · EOS App & the 6D

weezintrumpete wrote:
Did you download the EOS iPhone app to your iPad? The only one I can find on the app store is the iPhone version, which gets "blown up" and looks like crap when on the iPad.

You're right, there is only an iPhone Ap for the EOS Remote. However, I can't complain on the looks as it fits my needs. I can focus and actuate the shutter and inspect pictures.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:03 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.