Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A7R histogram in review screen?

gurtch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7R histogram in review screen?

I am very frustrated. I have had the camera for 6 days and the instruction manual is, in my opinion, awful. I looked in the index under the letter "F", looking for the word "Format", and it is not there! Nowhere in the ENTIRE manual does it tell you how to format a memory card, the first thing I usually do with a new camera. Enough of my rant. I want to be able to take a photo, then look at the review screen, and see a histogram, along with the image I just shot. And I would like to be able to see histogram superimposed, and switch to a full frame view of the image only. How do I do this ?
Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ

Dec 07, 2013 at 09:28 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7R histogram in review screen?

Over in the A7 Setup thread, there is a link to a better manual a couple of pages back. It is late here now, but I can look this up for you tomorrow sometime, if no one has answered by then. It centers around the up direction of the rear lower scroll wheel, labelled DISP.

Maybe this question would also be better off over there, to avoid A7 thread explosion.

Dec 07, 2013 at 09:48 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7R histogram in review screen?

Dave, 'Format' is the top item in screen 5 under the car symbol - last menu heading.

To show your shot images, push the > button next to the garbage bin delete button at the bottom of the back of the body (C3).

When the last image appears, pressing DISP in turn brings up two additional format screens over the image, a histo display and a settings display, then it recycles around. These are very likely configurable too but are good enough for me as is. Turning the 'spin dial' takes you back an image at a time. cheers.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:24 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7R histogram in review screen?

philip_pj wrote:
Dave, 'Format' is the top item in screen 5 under the car symbol - last menu heading.

To show your shot images, push the > button next to the garbage bin delete button at the bottom of the back of the body (C3).

When the last image appears, pressing DISP in turn brings up two additional format screens over the image, a histo display and a settings display, then it recycles around. These are very likely configurable too but are good enough for me as is. Turning the 'spin dial' takes you back an image at a time. cheers.

To zoom in on a picture, hit C2. continuing to hit C2 zooms you in further and further.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:33 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7R histogram in review screen?

Yes, C2 seems set hard-coded to zoom in Play mode, hence the magnifier logo.

The af/mf / AEL button zooms back out.

The spin wheel dial L/R/Up/DOWN can be used to move the viewing box around, in the four directions.

Holding each button provides continuous action, zooming in or out.

Pressing the centre of the spin dial cancels zoom.

When reviewing images, the af/mf / AEL button gives a screen of 9 images, with extra options accessible including a calendar of images shot on each date plus other file types, workable by the spin dial and its selector.

Just play with it!

Dec 08, 2013 at 12:57 AM
gurtch
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A7R histogram in review screen?

Thanks all. I found that reviewing, then selecting the histogram display, makes the same display after every shot, which is what I wanted.
Dave

Dec 08, 2013 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.