Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

allyzhou

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

I am a little bit intimidated by the high level of people's photograph here at the forum...I need to learn a loooot and still has a long way to go. I learned a lot from the last post here, so despite all the intimidation, I decided to continue posting pictures

I recently did a photo session for a newly-wed couple both outside and inside their new house. It's challenging to work with the lighting, especially when under a night indoor environment. Appreciated your critiques and feedback thank you

© allyzhou

© allyzhou

© allyzhou

© allyzhou

© allyzhou

Dec 06, 2013 at 10:18 PM
smoothlander

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

I really like the black and white images, great job. I would have cropped #4 differently so as not to have chopped off the top of the grooms head. I'd rather see the top of his head then the scissors in the foreground. I think #5 is really close to being a great shot but I'd prefer to see the grooms face vs having it turned away. But overall, I like what you've done. Great work.

Dec 06, 2013 at 11:15 PM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

allyzhou wrote:
I am a little bit intimidated by the high level of people's photograph here at the forum...I need to learn a loooot and still has a long way to go. I learned a lot from the last post here, so despite all the intimidation, I decided to continue posting pictures

You're kidding, right? These are great!

1. Love it!
2. Stellar!
3. Great shot! Try a tighter crop to get rid of the house and some of the foreground grass.
4. While an awesome PJ shot, feels like it just doesn't go with the rest of the set. What would it look like in black and white?
5. Yes!

FWIW :-)

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:28 AM
russdenney01
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

Genuine feel to all of these. Very nice.

For the last, I may have turned his head towards the camera...but that's nit-picking.

Nice set. I'm sure they will love to have them.

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:37 AM
allyzhou

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

smoothlander and russdenney01:

Thanks for your critiques! As for #5, I was trying to get a picture with the groom facing the camera but since we've been shooting 2+ hours and apparently he was not in a great mood

bryanlindsey:

I did mostly PJ inside their house but pictures did not came out really interesting except for this one. I guess PJ is much more difficult than I thought, have to keep practicing! I will post a B&W for #4 tonight when I get home

I wanna thank everyone for your nice words!!! feeling encouraged

Dec 07, 2013 at 05:32 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

Very nice set. The one on the ground and the last grab me

Morris

Dec 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

Cute shots, you've established a great mood with these.

Dec 08, 2013 at 08:33 AM
allyzhou

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Portrait for a newly-wed cute couple! C&C welcomed!

Thanks Morris and Jfinite! They are good friends of mine so that helped a lot with the shot. I can't imagine how difficult it is to get strangers this comfortable in such a short time..

Here's B&W version of #4. I don't know I like color or BW better...ummm what do you guys think ?

© allyzhou

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.