New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Presentation at wedding on screen, need help

bayvillian
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Presentation at wedding on screen, need help

Hey all,
I posted this on another forum but had no response there, so figured I should try over here.
Im fairly new to weddings and have been driving myself nuts preparing to make this one great for this upcoming week. I got a last minute request from the family and would like to accommodate them if possible.During the father daughter dance, they would like a photo of the daughter to be in the center of a big screen, then have 4 smaller photos surrounding that main photo. The surrounding photos would be shots from throughout the day. Whats a quick and painless way to get something like this together? The venue says they can hook my laptop up to a projector.
Powerpoint? It would just be one slide and not even be transitioning.
Thanks

Dec 06, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Presentation at wedding on screen, need help

Assuming you have a laptop, is it with Mac or Windows?

If you have Powerpoint, you can certainly use it, but if the situation is as simple as you say then there are many alternatives including free ones.

If you have the right cable/interface with the venue's projector, you might even be able to do it with a tablet or smart phone.

I recommend you first pin down the interface the venue needs (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.), then decide which of your devices will support that, and then think about the software (which will likely be the easiest part).

You may even want to double-check with the venue to see if they have multi-media equipment that they can use in addition to the projector. Then you could just give them a Jpeg on a USB and let them handle it. The reason I mention this is that you will probably have enough on your mind shooting the wedding and then doing a quick cull and arrangement of the requested composite (especially if you will be doing everything yourself). Being able to not worry about the mechanics of the projection could be a benefit, particularly since you will be shooting the very important father-daughter dance.

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:11 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.