Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ice Fishing

TDobb

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ice Fishing

Went out on first ice here in Minnesota on Black Friday. I had a concept for a shot and a couple buddies along. I set everything up and had one of them hit the shutter for me while I drilled a hole. The Kahtoola Microspikes provide nice traction on the glare ice.

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:42 PM
JamieK

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ice Fishing

I really like this shot!

Having been up near Cloquet on Thanksgiving and out on the lake as well, it was pretty amazing to see how smooth the ice was, though we had about 1" of snow cover.

This shot fits the "fishing on black friday" theme as the ice looks nice and shiny black here.

I see you're from Blaine.. I work right in Coon Rapids.

Hope you got to do a little fishing as well!

jamie

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:55 AM
TDobb

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ice Fishing

Oh yes, I fished from about 7:30 until 4:30 on Black Friday. Lake one (in the above photo) provided very little action. I know the fish are there but we just couldn't find them, not for a lack of trying either. We drilled sets of 50 holes covering 5 different spots and only got a couple fish. Moved to another lake just before noon and got into some bluegills and had a blast. Over 100 bluegills in 4 hours.

If you ever want to get together for some ice fishing, shoot me a PM. I try to get out frequently.

Dec 06, 2013 at 12:41 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ice Fishing

Really cool shot. Love the editing on this one.

Dec 06, 2013 at 11:45 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.