FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Another day at work

Karl Johnston
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another day at work

Slave River, Northwest Territories right before dawn.

http://www.karljohnston.com/images/large/iconic.jpg

Dec 04, 2013 at 08:29 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another day at work

Hey Karl,

This looks like there is some creativity involved, unfortunately the photo is so dark it's hard to make much out besides what looks like a camera on a tripod on the left, perhaps someone or some object in the middle, and then a square white board on the right. To you who was there and shot it, I am sure the scene all makes sense, but to me, it's not really that interesting since I can't make anything out in it.

Make it bigger, and give it some shadow detail, and it might be interesting. Wish I could like it, but it's not working for me.

Jim

Dec 04, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another day at work

Yes, it will help to figure out what is going on, if you could post the image a little bit larger.
However, photography is an art form, it doesn't have to be analyzed to see what is what.
I see that you are doing some kind of filming early in the morning, with laptop wide open there, maybe listening some music? I like the feel of the image to be kind of sullen/gloomy with the person crouching like that.

Ya, another day at work!

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:37 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.