New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

vanondemand

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

This guy scammed me out of a rig and sold it here on this forum.
xxlikquidxx on FM & *ICE* on POTN

Link to sale thread: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1242571 Whoever purchased this you now have stolen property.

You can find my original thread here: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1346208
With all the evidence.

Please help me out

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:05 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

While it's highly likely you are screwed out of you gear and your money, you might want to think of doing the following: Consider finding every single site that this guy is active on, sign-up on it so that you can post, and then alert the membership there by posting links to his scam. You could also think of doing this on his Facebook page. These rip-off artists don't do well in the light of day. YMMV

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:22 AM
vanondemand

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

I have gathered a tone of info and all his forum habits, I sent him a message see what happens and will proceed from there
anthonysemone wrote:
While it's highly likely you are screwed out of you gear and your money, you might want to think of doing the following: Consider finding every single site that this guy is active on, sign-up on it so that you can post, and then alert the membership there by posting links to his scam. You could also think of doing this on his Facebook page. These rip-off artists don't do well in the light of day. YMMV

Dec 04, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

http://jeffersonposter.smugmug.com/photos/i-3GLFrgM/0/X2/i-3GLFrgM-X2.jpg

Dec 04, 2013 at 11:23 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

Jefferson, I'm ROTHF, LMFAO..... Indeed, indeed

Dec 04, 2013 at 12:16 PM
mpix345
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

Big props to Fred for allowing this sort of post. The OP laid out his case on POTN and thankfully notified the membership of this activity, but of course POTN deleted the thread, pansies that they are. POTN helps make it easier for scammers to succeed. Fred clearly has our best interests at heart.

Dec 04, 2013 at 12:39 PM
vanondemand

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

I don't know why they needed to take down the post...

But this is the response I got from Henry:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/cuong0226/Screenshot2013-12-04at93739AM_zps5f710b24.png

I don't even know where to begin.

He has agreed to pay back the amount that was taken from me. I'll update when money is back in my hands.

Dec 04, 2013 at 12:55 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

So, you are getting your money back from the guy who had both your rig and your money?? That was quick..... 1005 hours to 1256. You gotta luv it: "I found your rigs at a local garage sale."

The power of posting on FM and a site owner who damn sure does take care of his members.

Dec 04, 2013 at 01:05 PM
vanondemand

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

He said he's sending it over within the next few hours, I haven't slept since 12pm yesterday Ive been up all night gathering evidence and bows it's 10AM. had a tantrum when I was in bed and randomly decided to check up on this guy, I had a hunch that this crook would be stupid enough to post something up about it and I was right.
I'll post up when he pays up.... Unbelievable.

anthonysemone wrote:
So, you are getting your money back from the guy who had both your rig and your money?? That was quick..... 1005 hours to 1256. You gotta luv it: "I found your rigs at a local garage sale."

The power of posting on FM and a site owner who damn sure does take care of his members.

Dec 04, 2013 at 01:09 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

Well, you did us all a service by "outing" this guy... please do post back to let us know he's paid up. I recall a young woman on this site who couple months ago posted up an experience of her getting ripped by a service member in Europe. Turned out one of our fellow members here knew how to access the scammer's CO's name and his actual European base address, not just the APO. I don't remember how it turned out, but I do know she was going to pursue it with both the Military Police on the guy's base as well as with his CO if it didn't work out in her favor. POTN's ownership can go kiss a rosy red one AFAIK

Dec 04, 2013 at 01:31 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

I have always thought that if you want to sell online you should have to, for a fee, register with the police - providing i.d., etc - and they give you a code/username (or whatever). So if you scam someone everyone knows exactly who it is and they can issue a warrant. Open to abuse, blah de blah, but as it is it's too easy to rip people off - if you're an asshole.

The idea sounds strange, but the 'net can be like hustling weed in Lagos.

Dec 04, 2013 at 03:12 PM
mpix345
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

Paul Mo wrote:
I have always thought that if you want to sell online you should have to, for a fee, register with the police - providing i.d., etc - and they give you a code/username (or whatever). So if you scam someone everyone knows exactly who it is and they can issue a warrant. Open to abuse, blah de blah, but as it is it's too easy to rip people off - if you're an asshole.

There's certainly some truth to that (I think), but it's also good to remember that we need to do all we can with existing safeguards to help ourselves. In this case if the OP had opted for signature confirmation he would've been covered. I saw another post recently where someone failed to get basic delivery confirmation on a cheap item and got screwed over.

I've received plenty of gear worth many thousands of dollars that was sent without insurance or signature confirmation. Leaving your success in a transaction up to the good nature of other people is a bad bet that will bite you sooner or later.

At least if you are dealing weed in Lagos you come at it expecting the worst, not assuming no one will try to rip you off.

Dec 04, 2013 at 05:07 PM
vanondemand

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

He has agreed to pay me back, however due to the dispute/chargeback he put on my paypal account it has since been forwarded to collections making my account inaccessible to receive funds. Hes asking me to tell FM to unban him

Dec 05, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Jim8EL
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · SCAMMER ALERT "xxlikquidxx"

Paul Mo wrote:

God I hope you're not serious with this.

Dec 05, 2013 at 11:31 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.