Congratulations to Conrad Tan for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners
Oh man do I have a treat for you all! I recently did a shoot with our very own Falconer extraordinaire Jim Rogers (raptrlvr) with a few dozen of his friends. It was as cold as -12 degrees at the lowest and rarely got over 15 degrees at the warmest. Best part was enjoying taking photographs of these magnificent birds as they engaged in predation in the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains.
1. The setting.... Nothing like shooting birds on a brisk morning surrounded by this scenery!
2. The conditions.... Snow that was thigh deep made pursuit in these conditions exhausting!!
3. The help... Sandy did her best to flush out wild game!
4. There was ONE sunny day, and the rest were crapppppppy lit days. I did the best I could in post processing with these squabbling Harris Hawks.
5. Got a few of shots of this very nice Norwegian Gyrfalcon.
6. How about a Snowy Owl in actual snow?
7. Terrific photo ops was offered by this Finnish Goshawk.
8. This very tiny Aplomado Falcon was quite the ham for the cam!
9. The closest I've ever been to a Prairie Falcon.
10. Another poorly lit day shooting high-key shots. This is a hybrid Peregrine Falcon
11. A rare treat was the chance to photograph this magnificent Siberian Goshawk
12. And for those who don't care for this type of photography... this is what Mr Eurasian Eagle Owl thinks of you.