FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · eos m2 is announced in japan

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · eos m2 is announced in japan

dhphoto wrote:
So unless I'm mistaken Canon's last two big announcements have been for an EOS M which is more or less the same as it's predecessor and a White 100D. Neither of which will be sold outside the Far East

Hmm, uninspiring stuff

I got this from a good source...Canon has saved the best for last. They will be announcing a limited edition white with 18k gold trim EOS-M 2 next Monday.

Dec 04, 2013 at 03:25 PM
nads
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · eos m2 is announced in japan

I've been under a rock and missed this news (can't believe it wasn't front page where I would have seen it!). This is hugely disappointing for me. The EOS-M with 22mm has delivered some priceless images of my family.

I didn't want a world beater that out-spec'd every other mirrorless body. I did want improved AF and reduced blackout and it looks like Canon accomplished that to some degree. (Lack of 70D's dual pixel is a disappointment as well).

As always, my version one remains viable... but its finally time to go test the competition... too bad I can't use my 22mm on anything else.

Jan 07, 2014 at 08:57 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · eos m2 is announced in japan

nads wrote:
I've been under a rock and missed this news (can't believe it wasn't front page where I would have seen it!). This is hugely disappointing for me. The EOS-M with 22mm has delivered some priceless images of my family.

I didn't want a world beater that out-spec'd every other mirrorless body. I did want improved AF and reduced blackout and it looks like Canon accomplished that to some degree. (Lack of 70D's dual pixel is a disappointment as well).

As always, my version one remains viable... but its finally time to go test the competition... too bad I can't use my
...Show more

I was also hoping to stay with Canon and buy the M2 if it had an EVF. Instead I went Fuji XE2....best decision ever....I now have an awesome kit for hiking, travel, street etc Fuji XE-2, 14 f/2.8, 23 f/1.4 and 18-55 f/2.8-f/4 kit lens. Most impressive thing is that ISO 6400 matches my 5D3...the 1DX edges it out a bit but not bad for an APS-C sensor...x-trans has a few flaws (none that I notice without reading about them) but it beats the Exmors for high ISO for sure. AF on the new system is also very very good. Take a look at Fuji as you make your decision.

Jan 07, 2014 at 09:10 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · eos m2 is announced in japan

I suppose the main appeal to me is some form of a cheap and small back up body if my 5D fails and I have all my canon lenses. I'd love a 6D backup, but I would need it so rarely, I can't see plopping down the cash for it. The eos-m is small and unless I'm doing bif, probably up to the job. Chez's rumor has piqued my interest further.

David

Jan 07, 2014 at 09:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.