Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

tagan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Hi,

IŽd like to ask you something, please only those who had these lenses and not just what you read about them.

Do you have any samples or can you make comparison of Leica 28mm R Ver1 and Ver2 lenses ?

Also any samples or comparison between Leica Summilux-R 50mm E55 and E60 ?

Thanks in advance,

tagan

Dec 02, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Samuli Vahonen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Hi Tagan,

I would brew big pot of coffee and start to browse 200+ page Leica thread:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/895186

It's quite enjoyable - I'm sometimes few months "off" from the forum and it's quite nice to go through all the images. Of course some people use the annoying Flickr accounts etc. and older photos has been removed already.

To actual topic I can't contribute, I just have Summilux-R 50mm E55 and have never compared it to E60. E55 is nice lens, it's very sharp and has nice colors, but bokeh can get really ugly sometimes.

Samuli

Dec 02, 2013 at 04:10 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

The E60 is sharper and has very smooth, gorgeous boke. It can be quite hard to focus because of its gentle sharpness transition. It is a lens I would love to own, but not at the current prices.

Dec 02, 2013 at 04:39 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Hi, Sanjin,

Check Alex(Worldinlens)'s leica R post. He has the pic of compare all 50mm lux and cron. It will give you one distance scenario. I agree that lens E60 is one of best 50mm lens. (not sharpness but rendering) But for the price difference, I think each(E60,E55,E48) has its value.

I have 50lux R E48,(same optic as E55) It is my favorite f1.4 50mm lens. I love its DOF transition and sharpness at f1.4. Less glow than many f1.4 lens on the market. But I have to agree Samuli's comment about its bokeh.(at certain distance at corner) you need watch out or you don't (people here in alt forum are different herd)

General concise is 28 V1 and V2 are very different animal. V2 are much better.

Dec 02, 2013 at 05:17 PM
tagan
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

thank you very much to your comments and advices !

Dec 02, 2013 at 05:29 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

28 V2 is sharper and flattener, but I found my V1 is quite ok even wide open. You won't go wrong with Leica.

Dec 03, 2013 at 03:10 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

The Leica 28 V2 is a better performer, especially for cityscapes/landscapes. It does people shots very well too with an unusually nice bokeh for such a wide 2.8 lens.

The Leica 28 V1 is nice for people shots too but it is not that good for interiors/landscapes or "critical" corner performance. I was very pleased with the 28 V2, I thought the V1 was "ok", but not great.

I only had both (adapted) together for a short while but I remember that I found the 28 V2 easier to focus on the matte screen.

Dec 03, 2013 at 05:19 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Regarding the 28 v.2, I would add that the glass has an almost 'painterly' rendering of subtle color shading that no other 28 I've shot seems to have (others being the ZF 28/2, 28/2 AIS, Nikkor 24-70 G). I once did a series of flower photos and switched between the Leica and the others I had and the capabilities of the Leica were startling . The resolving power was equally impressive, exceeding even the newer zoom.

The only other lens I've used that conveys color so well is my CV 125 APO.

Dec 03, 2013 at 08:14 AM
tagan
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Hi,

thanks again to your comments but still no size to size comparisons. IŽd like to see samples from both lenses with same scenes.

thanks

Dec 07, 2013 at 12:11 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

Tagan: I am sorry, but for me the difference in quality and rendering between the Ver1 and Ver2 was so obvious that a side to side comparison was unnecessary - the Ver1 was simply not interesting after trying it out. It was not even close. They were both tried with the same adapter though.

I thought/think that there are many good alternatives to the Ver1 from other brands/makers but there was for _me_ no SLR alternative to the Ver2 - it was simply the best 28 of the SLR lenses.

Dec 07, 2013 at 12:31 PM
tagan
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Leica 28mm Elmarit-R and 50mm Summilux-R samples ?

To kosmoskatten, please provide me with some samples. Everything else isnŽt truly important.

thanks

Dec 13, 2013 at 07:52 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.