Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

Last night I ordered the a7R from the Sony store online. I spoke with a very nice gentlemen. He also assured me the camera was in stock and gave me free 1-day shipping. I placed the order and cancelled my order elsewhere. A preauthorization showed up on my credit card. The status showed as 'Preparing for shipment' with an appropriate delivery date. Then, just an hour ago, the status turned to back order. Needless to say, I got a little upset. A couple of calls to Sony customer service was extremely unsatisfying with both reps telling me they would 'personally' monitor the situation and send me an email when it ships. No sh!t . . . I was to get an email when ships regardless.

I just find this practice totally unacceptable. Sony's website as of this writing still says 'In Stock'. Buyer beware . . . Shame on you Sony

Edited on Dec 02, 2013 at 11:07 AM · View previous versions

Dec 02, 2013 at 10:54 AM
partitura
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I placed my order for the A7R with the Sony Store online yesterday afternoon, so I was probably a few hours ahead of you. Just a few minutes ago my status changed to "Shipped" and I got an email with a tracking number. I hope they get yours out to you soon.

Dec 02, 2013 at 11:03 AM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

Unfortunately this happens too often; my local camera store did the same in two occasions..

Dec 02, 2013 at 11:03 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

If someone like Sony can't get the front end in sync with the back end, they shouldn't even have an online store. This is the 21st century for crying out loud. Yes, I know I'm venting but I HATE stuff like this.

Partitura - I'm happy for you that it actually shipped!

Dec 02, 2013 at 11:07 AM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

Sony does not tie their website status of "In Stock" to actual inventory in their warehouse. Even after admitting they were out of stock, they updated the website to say "In Stock Estimated Ship Date 12-22-2013". Not saying don't order from them, but don't trust the website when it comes to inventory.

-Tim

Dec 02, 2013 at 08:57 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

tsdevine wrote:
"In Stock Estimated Ship Date 12-22-2013"

you have to love that... My order missed the 1st shipment too, now it seems like all the stores
will be waiting till Dec 22nd.

Dec 02, 2013 at 08:59 PM
adnan76
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

Hmmm, I called them this afternoon and asked them to check if the A7R was in stock. The nice salesperson went away for a bit and came back and confirmed it was, and that they could overnight it to me.

No confirmation of shipment by email as of yet, and the 12/22 shipping update on the website leads me to believe I'll be waiting for awhile!

Edit- just checked my order online and see this message:

Preparing for Shipment You can expect to receive your item(s) between null and null."

So, sometime after 'null' and before 'null'. They may as well have said "the 4th of never"

Dec 02, 2013 at 09:08 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I had another order with them and it was showing "preparing for shipment" for over 8 weeks...
It doesn't mean anything.

Dec 02, 2013 at 09:23 PM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I posted on another thread, but after ordering the A7r, extra battery, and grip on Sunday, FedEx shows delivery will be tomorrow. It did take 3 phone calls and lots of doubt it would happen, but it looks like I will have all three from the Sony store tomorrow?
Greg

Dec 02, 2013 at 09:46 PM
HEMIROTT

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I ordered online yesterday late afternoon expecting to get an update that it was backordered, but I received an email that it has been shipped today.

Dec 03, 2013 at 02:40 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I could make a killing. There's loads of A7R's in stores over here. Could walk into any of the main camera retailers and pick one up today. Seems the uk hasn't gone as bonkers for the A7.

I'd be happy to ship some over to you all, but you wouldn't want to pay our ridiculous prices, ha ha.

Dec 03, 2013 at 03:40 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ordering a7R from Sony Store - Caution!

I feel your pain but it is a difficult one to manage. I hope you get your camera soon.

Dec 03, 2013 at 05:35 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.