Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sofia

c&c needed

Dec 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sofia

The first one's fine. The background is not particularly interesting, so I'd go with a tighter crop. The second one has terrible lighting, especially on her nose. FWIW :-)

Dec 02, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sofia

Where the light is coming from is always important. You should be moving the model or yourself so that you get pleasing light on her.

If you were doing a studio shot with lights, you would position them carefully. Same goes when the sun is your main light. We even select how high or low the sun is for shots by shooting early or late in the day.

Dec 02, 2013 at 01:23 AM
paul31003
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sofia

Javier, bud....where were you going with these photos? These look like test shots. Were you going for a portrait look?

There are a lot of issues here but if you give us an idea of what you're trying to go for, we could definitely help you out.

Dec 02, 2013 at 02:52 AM
Javier Crespin
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sofia

Yes portraits. I attempted to fill light to reduce shadows. In the shots that fully filled the shadows I thought thy were way too harsh.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Heres a couple more:

Dec 02, 2013 at 08:33 PM
paul31003
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sofia

(In response to first two photos...)

Hey, no prob, Javi. Yah, the fill light's not really evident in these shots. Her exposure's not too bad in the first, but the semi-hot background throws things off. The second shot has all sorts of issues with the shadows and spots of light.

Watch the time of day you shoot (try to avoid middle-of-day hours). Get a little more aggressive with your fill light (flash? Strobe? Continuous?) but watch overexposure of your subject. There's a LOT more to say, but I suggest watching some tutorials on YouTube to get an even better idea, there are some really great ones.

Make sure your subject makes herself up as well (fixes hair, makeup, more flattering clothing). Just a start.

Dec 02, 2013 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.