Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

True Romance

Watsonphoto

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · True Romance

As you go about your every day life sometimes you run into a couple and think to yourself "Wow, they are deeply in love!". Kaitlin and Stephanie are that couple, true romance.
The rest of the gallery is at http://watsonphotography.ca/trueromance

Dec 02, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · True Romance

#1 - To me, this one looks too posed. I think it's the two feet "kicked up". It could also use some light on the background. Nice dresses but no shoes seemed odd too, but not a comment on your photography. If that's what they wore, that's what you shoot!

#2 - Good concept showing the jump and where they were before that. I find it cropped rather close.

Dec 02, 2013 at 09:01 AM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · True Romance

I especially like how you processed the second image. The first image is nice too, and the colors of the dresses, the flowers and the background blend together well.

They are a beautiful couple, fortunate to have found love, and I wish them well and hope they have a long, happy marriage. The world would be better place with more love and less self-righteous morality.

Sanjoy

Dec 02, 2013 at 02:27 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · True Romance

I like the photos, and I am sure the happy couple would appreciate them. The first one is my favorite, I find it cute and playful.

View previous versions

Dec 02, 2013 at 04:08 PM

John Caldwell
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · True Romance

Since the first image looks a little planned rather than truly spontaneous, how about using your red BG toning in a bit of a heart shape around the couple? Even if not a heart, some notion of a red cocoon, or envelope of red, around the subjects rather than just between them is the idea. Just a thought, but since you didn't seem to mind a bit of a premeditated look, I thought this might fit.

John Caldwell

Dec 02, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · True Romance

Subject matter aside ... if the idea is to promote relationship, I think the 1st image does the job ... so what if it's posed, not all expression is spontaneous ... in fact, some of the most deep expressions are well thought out.

The second image is just more playful and comes across as two adults behaving like kids ... does not say much about relationship. Not sure the ghost image adds to it.

Dec 03, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · True Romance

John Caldwell wrote:
Since the first image looks a little planned rather than truly spontaneous, how about using your red BG toning in a bit of a heart shape around the couple? Even if not a heart, some notion of a red cocoon, or envelope of red, around the subjects rather than just between them is the idea. Just a thought, but since you didn't seem to mind a bit of a premeditated look, I thought this might fit.

John Caldwell

Hi John,

To each their own, but that would just scream "tacky" or "sappy" in my opinion. From a technical standpoint, I think the OP made the right choice for what he's trying to portray.

Dec 03, 2013 at 12:12 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password