New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 5 and Pixma Pro 100 printing problem

JohnKS
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 5 and Pixma Pro 100 printing problem

Hello,

I've been using Lightroom for some time version 3 and upgraded to 5 some time ago. I purchased a Canon 6D early in the fall and the Canon Pixma Pro 100 was part of my purchase package. Most of my printing has been 4 x 6, and recently 8 x 10 with satisfactory results. Recently my son has tried producing some 13 x 19 prints and this is where we are having problems. We both use MacBook Pro computers and my son is using Lightroom 3 and Photoshop version 3 or 4, I'm not sure. I know he has tired printing 13 x 19 without success. I have not tried printing anything in a 13 x 19 size with my computer.

When my son tries to produce a 13 by 19 size the printer prints a small image about the size of a 3 by 5 index card at the top center of the paper and the image is only a very small portion of the full image. We believe we have all the appropriate settings set correctly in the print module. Has anyone else had his unfortunate experience and how can correct the problem?

Thanks
John

Dec 01, 2013 at 03:10 PM
danski0224
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 5 and Pixma Pro 100 printing problem

You have to set up the paper size in "Page Setup". On my screen, that button is on the lower left after selecting "Print" in Lightroom.

I have learned that 4 x 6 is a native aspect ratio for borderless printing without much cropping from a "full frame" image (3:2 aspect ratio). 8 x 12 and 20 x 30 are other "native" print sizes.

8 x 10 and 13 x 19 are not. A full uncropped print will have a white border somewhere (and it may be unequal), or the image will be cropped and zoomed to fit in borderless printing. The Canon print window and DPP seem to "hide" this and LR does not.

If I print the maximum full-frame image size without cropping on 13 x 19, there is an approximate 1" border around the image.

Here is some explanation, search for more: http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001iG

Dec 02, 2013 at 09:04 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.