New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

Scott T
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

huh, I ordered a kiboka from OPG during the sale, (thanks OP!), and my CC had two fraudulent transactions the next day. I can't look up the exact times as the card is closed and transactions removed, but it was hours apart, and OPG was the last purchase.

I tried to order the bag using my CC, but it failed twice, I finally used PP and it worked. They e-mailed me fairly quickly (within a few minutes) to get things straightened out as they received 3 orders. I was impressed as it was midnight pacific time, 2am in Kentucky, assuming that's where there customer rep was. Fast, friendly and responsive service, so no qualms about the company and nothing but good things to say about them, but given the story above, it seems like more than a coincidence it happened to me also.

I have not a fraud incident in several years, ironically enough I spent 4 weeks this summer in South Africa and Botswana, which are known for fraud, and didn't have a problem until this.

I'll happily buy from them again, but will use paypal.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:43 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

Scott T wrote:
huh, I ordered a kiboka from OPG during the sale, (thanks OP!), and my CC had two fraudulent transactions the next day. I can't look up the exact times as the card is closed and transactions removed, but it was hours apart, and OPG was the last purchase.

I tried to order the bag using my CC, but it failed twice, I finally used PP and it worked. They e-mailed me fairly quickly (within a few minutes) to get things straightened out as they received 3 orders. I was impressed as it was midnight pacific time, 2am in Kentucky, assuming
...Show more

Please contact them about the fraud transactions, now I know for sure it was there issue somewhere. I also have shopped online extensively over the past 10 years and never had a card compromised before this. They replied to me and said that they never actually see the CC numbers as it goes through one of the major CC systems for online transactions.

They said it may be someone stealing off my Wifi and didn't think it could be their problem. Well, it happened twice to me and then to you so I think that is fairly conclusive. Please everyone else check you statement. Mine was a Western Union cash advance transaction for over 1000 the first time and then just 200 the second time. The bank also saw an attempted dropbox transaction that never showed on my statement but was also not done by me.

Edited on Dec 09, 2013 at 08:53 AM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2013 at 08:51 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

arnold1 wrote:
by the way, did you replace the second credit card?

Yes, 3rd one should arrive this week

Dec 09, 2013 at 08:51 AM
Scott T
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

Arbitrage, I didn't think too much about it when it happened, I use my CC a lot and didn't think there was a way of ever finding out who the culprit was. But after reading your story it seemed like more than a coincidence that I had the same timeline. It's too bad they blamed you - and unencrypted wifi shouldn't matter, that seems a bit hoky that they would even suggest it.

I did contact them with the timeline of events and details.

I had two fraudulent charges under $10 at two hotels in NY, then two large purchases from Apple.com and Best Buy.com, all within a couple hours.

Maybe I should pursue compensation from Norton to back up their safe shopping guarantee?

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:28 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

Scott T wrote

Maybe I should pursue compensation from Norton to back up their safe shopping guarantee?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. I found it very ironic that they offer that as some sort of guarantee and then pop up a survey asking if it made you feel more safe in your purchase. Then in the end it is through them out of all the crazy and sometimes shady places that I shop online that I get compromised.

Again though, I don't have any hard feelings towards them, I already have plans to buy some more stuff from them as I have serious case of GAS

Dec 09, 2013 at 08:38 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Gura Gear Kiboko 22L

Thanks Geoff for the info on the credit card issue. I paid via Paypal so I guess I am fine.

Just an update that OPG are sending me a waist belt which was missing from the original package.

Dec 10, 2013 at 07:57 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.