Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
       19              22       23       end

Sony A7/A7R Setup

tonyniev

Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #1 · p.18 #1 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

How do you do back ficus on the A7r?

Mar 27, 2014 at 05:35 AM
leonasj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #2 · p.18 #2 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

via adapter mount leica m lens,pictures takes well,but camera don't see lense-this is normal?.how set manually mm and F?

Apr 11, 2014 at 05:32 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.18 #3 · p.18 #3 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

leonasj wrote:
via adapter mount leica m lens,pictures takes well,but camera don't see lense-this is normal?.how set manually mm and F?

sadly, it's not an option like it is with nikons.

Apr 11, 2014 at 05:34 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.18 #4 · p.18 #4 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Yes its normal. The camera will adjust iso or shutter speed to get the correct exposure.

Apr 11, 2014 at 05:36 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.18 #5 · p.18 #5 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

So is it just me or is the a7 sensor a dust magnet like no other? I haven't had to do a wet cleaning (and likely never would... if the LensRentals.com method doesn't work, off it'll go to a professional) but, cripes. I feel like changing a lens guarantees that I'll have to clean it.

Aside from building a clean room to change the lenses or using just one lens, has anyone found a good way to limit this?

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.18 #6 · p.18 #6 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Probably depends on how you change lenses and possibly dust amount where you're at. Since November and now 1700+ images with quite frequent lens swaps with some 10+ lenses I've had one particle showing on a series. Easily blewn off.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.18 #7 · p.18 #7 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Thanks, Wilhelm. I've been trying to figure out if I've changed something behaviorally to cause the problem, since I don't have it with the NEX-7 or a99. The only thing I've changed physically is the addition of a couple of Novoflex adapters.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:43 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.18 #8 · p.18 #8 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

wfrank wrote:
Probably depends on how you change lenses and possibly dust amount where you're at. Since November and now 1700+ images with quite frequent lens swaps with some 10+ lenses I've had one particle showing on a series. Easily blewn off.

I clean the sensor of my A7R each time after I changed lenses outdoors quite often. The ultrasonic cleaner works fine, but doesn't get rid of all pollutants. I use the Arctic Butterfly to do the cleaning job. Simple but highly efficient. I stay away fully from wet cleaning methods.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.18 #9 · p.18 #9 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Another vote for Arctic Butterfly! I have yet to use wet cleaning on any of the cameras I have ever owned....

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Samuli Vahonen
• • •
p.18 #10 · p.18 #10 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

freaklikeme wrote:
So is it just me or is the a7 sensor a dust magnet like no other? I haven't had to do a wet cleaning (and likely never would... if the LensRentals.com method doesn't work, off it'll go to a professional) but, cripes. I feel like changing a lens guarantees that I'll have to clean it.

Aside from building a clean room to change the lenses or using just one lens, has anyone found a good way to limit this?

Compared to 5DmkII I would say; yes A7 and A7r are dust magnets. However I haven't yet shoot summer, and humidity and other conditions are radically different, so this might not be my final verdict.

Good thing is that wet cleaning (Eclipse + Pec Pads) is really easy to perform compared to 5DmkII; the sensor is not on bottom of 44mm tight hole, but very easily accessible.

Samuli

Apr 12, 2014 at 07:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

leonasj
• •
p.18 #11 · p.18 #11 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

sebboh wrote:
sadly, it's not an option like it is with nikons.

A7r is very comfortable with 35FLE,far better in hands as on M 240

Apr 12, 2014 at 08:06 AM
leonasj
• •
p.18 #12 · p.18 #12 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Yes its normal. The camera will adjust iso or shutter speed to get the correct exposure.

thank you.A7r is a toy compare to my M240

Apr 12, 2014 at 08:07 AM
jctriguy
• • •
p.18 #13 · p.18 #13 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

retrofocus wrote:
I clean the sensor of my A7R each time after I changed lenses outdoors quite often. The ultrasonic cleaner works fine, but doesn't get rid of all pollutants. I use the Arctic Butterfly to do the cleaning job. Simple but highly efficient. I stay away fully from wet cleaning methods.

Is the A7(r) that bad that you need to clean after every change? Can't imagine taking it to the desert or ocean Too bad that none of the companies have a way to protect the sensor in a mirror less body

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
ebrandon
• • •
p.18 #14 · p.18 #14 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

I thought I had dust on my a7r sensor and it was driving me crazy because I couldn't get rid of it. Turns out it was on the back element of the lens. One quick blow with a rocket blower and it was gone. Never made that mistake with any other camera, so perhaps something about the very short flange distance or something created this situation.

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Dudewithoutape
• • •
p.18 #15 · p.18 #15 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

tonyniev wrote:
How do you do back ficus on the A7r?

Do you mean back button AF? Isn't that what the MF/AF button does by default? If not, you can change it in the menu.

Apr 13, 2014 at 01:55 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.18 #16 · p.18 #16 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

How do you set the JPG quality in RAW + JPG mode?

Apr 13, 2014 at 03:35 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.18 #17 · p.18 #17 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

FlyPenFly wrote:
How do you set the JPG quality in RAW + JPG mode?

Option not available, believe the jpg quality in RAW+JPG is 'fine' approx 4.5mb

Apr 14, 2014 at 03:26 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.18 #18 · p.18 #18 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Is it possible to change the size of the AF box during manual AF point selection?

I wish the AEL lever would allow me to switch between wide zone AF and manual point selection AF.

Apr 15, 2014 at 01:24 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.18 #19 · p.18 #19 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

I set the "Power Save Start Time" but my A7R never goes to sleep. To often, I remove it from a bag and the batter is dead.

Even with the viewfinder turned off (monitor only, e.g. no proximity sensor) the camera stays on, and never sleeps.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what's keeping it "awake"? I'd rather snipe the option that has turned the camera into an insomniac, in lieu of re-registering all of the settings.

May 04, 2014 at 02:06 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.18 #20 · p.18 #20 · Sony A7/A7R Setup

Do you have remote on?

May 04, 2014 at 02:42 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell