FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ugly ducklings and friends

mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Some images from today at the lake. Don't be shy with the suggestions and constructive criticisms

Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck with fish

Gull with fish

Hooded Merganser Drake

Hoodies on the run

Nov 29, 2013 at 06:06 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Ummm....I thought you told me in PM that it was a slow day Looks like a great day to me!! But I guess it is all relative. A slow eagle day for me would probably seem like a smorgasbord to someone else

Great shots all around, love the low perspectives. Were these all shot from a kayak? Love the look back on the gull with meal. Love the take-off of the hoodie. The muscovy is ugly yet beautiful at the same time.

TFS
Geoff

Nov 29, 2013 at 06:10 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ugly ducklings and friends

arbitrage wrote:
Ummm....I thought you told me in PM that it was a slow day Looks like a great day to me!! But I guess it is all relative. A slow eagle day for me would probably seem like a smorgasbord to someone else

Great shots all around, love the low perspectives. Were these all shot from a kayak? Love the look back on the gull with meal. Love the take-off of the hoodie. The muscovy is ugly yet beautiful at the same time.

TFS
Geoff

Thanks, Geoff. Didn't get the images I had in mind for the day, but I guess that gives me a reason to try to get back out there tomorrow ! And yes, these were all shot from a kayak- with me precariously leaning over the side and doing all kinds of stunts to try to get even lower .

Nov 29, 2013 at 06:13 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Watch the whites on your Hooded Merganser Mitesh. Great in general

Morris

Nov 29, 2013 at 06:25 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Fine shots Mitesh, well done.
David

Nov 29, 2013 at 07:02 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ugly ducklings and friends

mitesh wrote:
Thanks, Geoff. Didn't get the images I had in mind for the day, but I guess that gives me a reason to try to get back out there tomorrow ! And yes, these were all shot from a kayak- with me precariously leaning over the side and doing all kinds of stunts to try to get even lower .

I will need to get some info from you at some time on your kayak setup. I've been wanting to get one to photograph from. We have hundreds of lakes around us and I know I'll finally be able to get closer to ducks if I had one. I see you can use your 800 from it so I would be interested in learning the type and how you setup your gear in it.

Nov 29, 2013 at 07:50 PM
brimull
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Very nice images using that big 800mm!

Brian M.

Nov 29, 2013 at 07:59 PM
vbnut
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ugly ducklings and friends

arbitrage wrote:
I will need to get some info from you at some time on your kayak setup. I've been wanting to get one to photograph from. We have hundreds of lakes around us and I know I'll finally be able to get closer to ducks if I had one. I see you can use your 800 from it so I would be interested in learning the type and how you setup your gear in it.

I would be interested in hearing about your kayak setup too. Based on my (minimal) experience in a kayak, I don't know how I would keep my gear safe and dry.

Nov 29, 2013 at 08:05 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ugly ducklings and friends

My only suggestion is to find less ugly subjects for the first two. Yikes! A face only another ugly ducking could love. A fine set of images Mitesh. The yak can really provide a good platform.

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ugly ducklings and friends

nicely done Mitesh

Nov 30, 2013 at 04:25 AM
birdfreak12
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Very nice. Love the low angle o the Hoodies. I shoot from my yak sometimes but haven't found the nerve to try using my 600 would be awesome if I could figure out how you use that beautiful 800!

Nov 30, 2013 at 07:03 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Nicely done Mitesh. The first two are a little too centered for my taste. Nothing a slight crop couldn't fix. 3 is the cat's (last) meow. I like the hoodies too. I'm going to have to bring my yak down to your lake in the spring - want to play... ~ Ron

Nov 30, 2013 at 07:26 AM
psharvic
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ugly ducklings and friends

Nice job, Mitesh. I'm liking the hoodies, too. You seem to have aroused a bit of yak curiosity. Can't picture me and my 600 in/on one. Do they make big lens life preservers?

Nov 30, 2013 at 07:53 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.