New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Skelebabes - Part two

Coryjohnn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Skelebabes - Part two

Hey Everyone,

Since yesterdays post every where was such a success. Here is part two of the shoot.

The first half was pretty much all of what I had envisioned, and it turned out great. The second half was alot of their input of what they wanted to see.

Camera and Lights used:

Canon 1DX F11-14 1/200 iso100

50mm1.4, 35mm1.4, 70-200mm2.8

Elinchrom 500/400's , Octobox / Small Softbox

Feel free to see more at (No pressure) www.coryjohnn.com

Sample
Sample 2

Edited on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Skelebabes - Part two

Sorry, but I just get a sense that you're trying to drive people to your website or blog. If you really are interested in feedback, unless these are nudes, you would be better off imbedding at least some of the pictures here, and then providing a link to your blog or website if some of us want to see more.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Coryjohnn

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Skelebabes - Part two

Sorry If it came across that way, I will edit my post. That is not my intention. Just not sure as to how I go about embedding a photo with out linking it. and I am not a paid user I cannot upload.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Skelebabes - Part two

Coryjohnn wrote:
Sorry If it came across that way, I will edit my post. That is not my intention. Just not sure as to how I go about embedding a photo with out linking it. and I am not a paid user I cannot upload.

You don't have to be a paid user to imbed your pictures.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Coryjohnn

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Skelebabes - Part two

I linked them.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Skelebabes - Part two

Coryjohnn wrote:
I linked them.

Don't worry about it .. some people on this forum seem to have issue with linked as opposed to imbedded images. Apparently the extra mouse click is a severe burden as they complain often. Oh, and they will quickly accuse you of only trying to promote your web page ... terrible sin of course ... unless it's a nude woman (per forum rules) in which case they are all too happy make the extra mouse click.

As for the images ...

On the technical side they seem too under-exposed. I suspect you were going for dark and shadowy but it does not quick work.
On the make-up side, the make-up is good but I think it would have more impact if the hair was dusted to be grey or white.

Cheers,
Andre

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
John Caldwell
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Skelebabes - Part two

Each of these is nice and seem more complete to me than yesterday's offerings, mainly in terms of light distribution and MUA interested added outside the face. Your MUA also deserves a nod, I think. In the end it's pretty moody stuff.

John Caldwell

Edited on Nov 27, 2013 at 03:33 PM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:23 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Skelebabes - Part two

I often suggest imbedding the photo rather than providing a link. It gives YOU a lot more responses - probably twice as many.

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:03 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Skelebabes - Part two

Jim Rickards wrote:
I often suggest imbedding the photo rather than providing a link. It gives YOU a lot more responses - probably twice as many.

Now that I do agree with. Thus the reason I imbed when I post images. Either way works for me.

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:47 PM
Coryjohnn

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Skelebabes - Part two

Thank you very much John, the shoot turned out exactly how I wanted it to. Was a great success.

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:47 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Skelebabes - Part two

I feel that the light and wardrobe could be better on these. The light seems dim (perhaps by design) but given all the greys in the image, as a whole, the light feels flat. The black tops are incongruous with the makeup and feel out of place. Also, they both have a lot of hair that features prominently in the images, and I feel it is distracting. Maybe if it were pulled up and off of their shoulders/chests it might work better. Lastly, the models themselves look quite bored and uninterested in making a connection with the shooter/viewer (maybe tired after all that makeup was put on!).

Nov 29, 2013 at 01:53 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.