Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!
  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!
The Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Zeiss Sonnar T* Lens is now in stock at B&H Photo.

This lens was expected to ship December 1st, but B&H Photo just informed me that an initial shipment just arrived.

Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Sonnar T* Lens at B&H Photo ($798)

Be the first to post a FM review.



Nov 25, 2013 at 09:18 PM
anscochrome
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


I think a lot of new Sony A7/A7r owners will enjoy this. Despite all the angst about alt wide angle performance with alts on thses bodies, I expect this to be a great performer that will make you forget all about your old 35mm F 2.8 Summaron


Nov 25, 2013 at 09:44 PM
mco_970
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Wow, can't believe they aren't sold out already. I am almost tempted to buy one, just because I can.


Nov 25, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Arka
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Too slow for me.

f/2.8 for a prime?

Arka C.



Nov 25, 2013 at 09:52 PM
michaelwatkins
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


mco_970 wrote:
Wow, can't believe they aren't sold out already. I am almost tempted to buy one, just because I can.


LETS GO... CORNER THE MARKET. We'll make a killing tomorrow!?!?!?!?

Being the gentleman I am, you go first.


Turn Those Machines Back On! ... Get those brokers back in here!



Nov 25, 2013 at 09:54 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


michaelwatkins wrote:
LETS GO... CORNER THE MARKET. We'll make a killing tomorrow!?!?!?!?

Being the gentleman I am, you go first.

Turn Those Machines Back On! ... Get those brokers back in here!


Sell Mortimer. Sell!



Nov 25, 2013 at 09:59 PM
corposant
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


michaelwatkins wrote:
Turn Those Machines Back On! ... Get those brokers back in here!


He was wearing my Harvard tie... like HE went to Harvard!



Nov 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
mco_970
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Meh, I am going to wait until after Christmas. Cabin fever will set in, people will start bitching that the lens is not 'blah blah blah', bills will be rolling in, wives will find out how much $$ their husband's spent (or vice versa), and I can pick one up used for a mere song.


Nov 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
gurtch
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Yes, I preordered a 35mm lens and A7R from B&H. My lens is in stock, and the "order was sent to their warehouse for shipping". No camera to put it on though.
Dave in NJ



Nov 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Jeff Kott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


mco_970 wrote:
Meh, I am going to wait until after Christmas. Cabin fever will set in, people will start bitching that the lens is not 'blah blah blah', bills will be rolling in, wives will find out how much $$ their husband's spent (or vice versa), and I can pick one up used for a mere song.


If the pricing curve follows that of the Touit 32, it will pay to wait.

PS- lots of unsold Touit 32's on the Buy/Sell forum going for big discounts to original price.



Nov 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Pixel Perfect
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


And here people were complaining about a 35 f/2 lens with IS costing that much. When it hits it $299 fair price target, it'll be more sensible, but as Arka said, f/2.8 on 35mm no thanks.


Nov 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Pixel Perfect wrote:
And here people were complaining about a 35 f/2 lens with IS costing that much. When it hits it $299 fair price target, it'll be more sensible, but as Arka said, f/2.8 on 35mm no thanks.


Agreed and I actually plan to use the Canon 35/2 IS on the A7R. A little bulky esp with adapter but with sharp hand-held captures down to around 1/13, fast f/2, and a very sharp lens I think it can't be beat for low light shooting.



Nov 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Pixel Perfect
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


snapsy wrote:
Agreed and I actually plan to use the Canon 35/2 IS on the A7R. A little bulky esp with adapter but with sharp hand-held captures down to around 1/13, fast f/2, and a very sharp lens I think it can't be beat for low light shooting.


I would have bought one already if it were on staff purchase. Still might anyway.



Nov 26, 2013 at 02:05 AM
ytwong
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


mco_970 wrote:
Meh, I am going to wait until after Christmas. Cabin fever will set in, people will start bitching that the lens is not 'blah blah blah', bills will be rolling in, wives will find out how much $$ their husband's spent (or vice versa), and I can pick one up used for a mere song.


Too bad that would not happen here in Hong Kong.

I am waiting for the 24-70/4



Nov 26, 2013 at 02:51 AM
mawz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Arka wrote:
Too slow for me.

f/2.8 for a prime?

Arka C.


It's the size of the m43 equivalent. This lens is about pure performance in a tiny package, not speed.

The result isn't perfect, but even an f2 lens of comparable performance and optimized for the FF sensors involved would be notably larger.



Nov 26, 2013 at 02:53 AM
mawz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Pixel Perfect wrote:
And here people were complaining about a 35 f/2 lens with IS costing that much. When it hits it $299 fair price target, it'll be more sensible, but as Arka said, f/2.8 on 35mm no thanks.


Note it's $60 cheaper than the ZM 35/2.8, possibly better optically and has AF and aperture coupling.

That leads to the conclusion that the price is reasonable, the specs are also reasonable and you aren't going to see significant discounts.

The flip side is don't expect SLR lens pricing for FF mirrorless kit. Expect ZM/CV/Leica M pricing. The design constraints are similar and both are fundamentally niche products with a limited ability to rely on mass consumer and/or high-volume professional products to subsidize development like what happens in the Canon EF and Nikon G lines.



Nov 26, 2013 at 02:57 AM
Noodlz79
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


mawz wrote:
Note it's $60 cheaper than the ZM 35/2.8, possibly better optically and has AF and aperture coupling.

That leads to the conclusion that the price is reasonable, the specs are also reasonable and you aren't going to see significant discounts.

The flip side is don't expect SLR lens pricing for FF mirrorless kit. Expect ZM/CV/Leica M pricing. The design constraints are similar and both are fundamentally niche products with a limited ability to rely on mass consumer and/or high-volume professional products to subsidize development like what happens in the Canon EF and Nikon G lines.


I agree, I think this lens is about maximising the resolution of the sensor and being very lightweight rather than shallow depth of field and speed. It should make for a brilliant landscape lens particularly for long hikes. The small size is part of the charm with this lens which would be negated somewhat with a faster lens. I would still like to see a f/1.4 option in the future however!



Nov 26, 2013 at 06:58 AM
zhangyue
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


I don't mind f2.8 for its size and weight. You have to work hard to make image interesting than shallow DOF.
The problem for me is there is RX1, For something like $1600 (assume in the near future), I can have f2 and 24M back is no brainer for 2nd body cover all my 35mm travel light need.
For the time being, I am holding back on this one to see how my Leica M 35cronV1 and 35 R lens perform, if they are not great on 7R 36M, I will have to add this for future trip.




Nov 26, 2013 at 07:07 AM
_julian_
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


Ideally I prefer an aperture ring with DOF markings so that I can dial in hyperfocal for landscape and then forget about it. Otherwise I'm still very attracted to this lens because of the small size and performance. f2.8 is fine for intended use so long as color, and resolution are good.


Nov 26, 2013 at 09:32 AM
philber
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens in stock!


When I look at the FE 35 f:2.8, I see first a great imagemaker, as demonstrated by the pics and the MTF. I also see a focal length which is ideal for my style of walk-about. I see an AF lens, which is always good to have in at least one focal length. That is enough to make it a no-brainer for me. Would I trade compactness for a one more stop of speed, or even two? Not sure.


Nov 26, 2013 at 09:51 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password