Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Bronco...

luke0622
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Did y'all (whoever was watching the Broncos vs Patriots game) see a photographer threw a jab (some might call it a shove) and shouting at another older photographer right after Tom Brady and Payton Manning shaking hands after the game Damn, WTF!

Edited on Nov 25, 2013 at 09:19 AM · View previous versions

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

If you're talking about this it was two photographers, not a police officer or security gaurd. http://tinyurl.com/k5cr6xe

Marty

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:14 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

lol, damn, was it because the guy got shoved using Canon? LMAO

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:17 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Marty Bingham wrote:
If you're talking about this it was two photographers, not a police officer or security gaurd. http://tinyurl.com/k5cr6xe

Marty

Ok, I edited

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:20 AM
bwhip62
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

I did see that and even replayed it a few times to try to figure out what happened. I guess he must have gotten bumped by the other guy right as he was getting "the shot" of Brady and Manning shaking hands after the game. Who knew photography was a contact sport?

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:32 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

from the angle of the photo shown, looked like the older gentleman is AP Photo/Steven Senne (not sure)

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:32 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

bwhip62 wrote:
I did see that and even replayed it a few times to try to figure out what happened. I guess he must have gotten bumped by the other guy right as he was getting "the shot" of Brady and Manning shaking hands after the game. Who knew photography was a contact sport?

I personally am not a big fan of the guy did the shoving and shouting, come on, they were all at work, and when there are so many of us out there, getting bumped or running into each other seems to be a normal thing.

Nov 25, 2013 at 09:35 AM
Eiremon
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

I saw it and found it very interesting - the guy who shoved the other had established a position and was standing in place ready for the Brady / Manning handshake. The other photog ran in and bumped him right as they were shaking hands. I thought the second photog was out of line although I realize that these bumps happen a lot. Here's the replay:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/girly-violence-erupts-during-brady-manning-handshake-photographers-shove-each-other/

Interesting question - who got the ESPN cover shot? Steven Senne is credited - from the angle of the shot it looks like he might have been the third photog who got the rapid fire sequence over the heads of the two who were closer??

http://espn.go.com/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/_d4u6165jpg-0df1cjpg/

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Eiremon wrote:
I saw it and found it very interesting - the guy who shoved the other had established a position and was standing in place ready for the Brady / Manning handshake. The other photog ran in and bumped him right as they were shaking hands. I thought the second photog was out of line although I realize that these bumps happen a lot. Here's the replay:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/girly-violence-erupts-during-brady-manning-handshake-photographers-shove-each-other/

Interesting question - who got the ESPN cover shot? Steven Senne is credited - from the angle of the shot it looks like he might have been the third photog who got the rapid fire
...Show more

I did not think the older guy did that on purpose, but who knows...

We might see a fist fight among the photographers soon, maybe haha

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Eiremon wrote:

Interesting question - who got the ESPN cover shot? Steven Senne is credited - from the angle of the shot it looks like he might have been the third photog who got the rapid fire
...Show more

You were right, looks like the AP guy got the best of both of the other photographers on getting the shots lol

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

It's all over the internet today. I don't know either of the photogs but personally (this is my take)…I think it is childish. We had a post here about professionalism and this ranks right up there about being professional. For me….and I don't care if someone blocked me from getting a Pulitzer Prize shot….I would never do that to someone. I may approach an individual and have before on "etiquette"….and the person may or may not know better so I might offer some guidance….but that's what is wrong with today's society. People just think they have the right to get physical with another person for chickenshit reasons…It is 100% wrong. It was a freakin picture for pete's sake.

Anyway…it's just my opinion from an old school philosophy.

Frank

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Frank Lauri wrote:
It's all over the internet today. I don't know either of the photogs but personally (this is my take)…I think it is childish. We had a post here about professionalism and this ranks right up there about being professional. For me….and I don't care if someone blocked me from getting a Pulitzer Prize shot….I would never do that to someone. I may approach an individual and have before on "etiquette"….and the person may or may not know better so I might offer some guidance….but that's what is wrong with today's society. People just think they have the right to
...Show more

I can't say I don't care if another "photographer" blocks me, that actually happened a few times at Sat. night Big12 games I shot at, except them photographers were blocking me not even following the rules on the field, for that I would have to say something, but I wouldn't put my hands on them though. But bumping into each other is so typical in our line of work, and you were right, they did act childishly

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

First of all, we do not know all the details. First of all, I know that the photographer that did the shoving was set to shoot the handshake at the end of the game and the shoved photographer ran into him has he was shooting because he was not paying attention. Scrums are one thing, when you have 30 or 40 photographers crowding around, but this was two shooters.

A. The photographer who got shoved should have been more aware of his surroundings. You never want to get in the way of another photographer. Leave that to the tv and sound guys.
B. The photographer who shoved should have rolled with it and kept shooting. Without the scrum, he had plenty of room to move around. And never, ever throw a punch or shove someone with intent on Sunday night football where tv cameras are pointed right at you.

Nov 25, 2013 at 06:04 PM
luke0622
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Carl Auer wrote:
First of all, we do not know all the details. First of all, I know that the photographer that did the shoving was set to shoot the handshake at the end of the game and the shoved photographer ran into him has he was shooting because he was not paying attention. Scrums are one thing, when you have 30 or 40 photographers crowding around, but this was two shooters.

A. The photographer who got shoved should have been more aware of his surroundings. You never want to get in the way of another photographer. Leave that to the tv and
...Show more

throw a punch or shove in the media room lol

Nov 25, 2013 at 06:38 PM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

I watched the clip a couple of times and I don't see much of a bump or a push. To me it looked like they were both in position to get a shot and were leaning against each other. I think the photographer who did the shoving was completely out of line and should be embarrassed for his actions regardless of being caught on video. Maybe the long game and cold weather got the best of him. Just my take and I might be completely wrong.

Nov 26, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Vancouver47
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

During the Olympics in Vancouver I took camera gear to every event I attended. Not having access to the press areas i generally would get to events early and find the best place i could. I found a very good spot 50m uphill of the Paralympics giant slalom finish line at a 90 degree corner of the a 4 ft high chain link fence where I could easily use my 600 without banging heads.. The location allowed me to shoot the bottom third of the hill and the finish area. Half way through the event a photographer jostled his way to where I was and declared I had the spot long enough and I should let him have the location. I declined and having seen he had press credentials I suggested he should go back to the plentiful press only vantage points. He muscled the photographer next to me out of the way as the next two skiers passed and then started to jostle me. I asked him to stop. He said, "stop what?" At that point I was inclined to make my point forcefully when the a a very large spectator grabbed the end of this fellows lens and filled the hood with snow and suggested he bugger off to the approval of a number of other spectators. It turns out the first photographer this guy pushed away from the fence was the big guy's wife. For the most part I do my best to avoid interference with photographers making a living. This was not one of those cases.

When we were leaving the big guy told me the offending photographer went up the hill for a bit and then he saw the guy embroiled in another confrontation in the press area.

This was my only bad experience with a press photographer during the entire Olympics. I found many were friendly and a few made some very helpful suggestions. I was impressed with their professionalism and high energy level.

Nov 26, 2013 at 07:32 PM
thursdaylsr
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Did y'all see a photographer shoved another older photographer at Broncos vs Patriots game?!?!?!?!

Obviously these two did not read Greg Smith's "Photographers Etiquitte" thread

Nov 26, 2013 at 08:59 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.