Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Great Smokey Mountains NP

CheechzeppLn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Great Smokey Mountains NP

As my journey with layers continues I have been revisiting many images I have had trouble processing in the past. Today's post features two from the Great Smokey's. Hope you enjoy the set

Charlie

Don't Get So Close To The Edge. by Lightbox Images by Charles Romano, on Flickr
In this photo I had to be rather careful not to tumble down the slope and into the river. There was definitely a sign stating don't go where I had ventured over to, people have died falling into the river. I would have liked to move a lil bit further to the left to get rid of the brush that was intruding on right side of the frame but it just wasn't possible. As for the layers, the background from the bridge on was giving me tons of trouble when I was trying to balance it with the rushing water.

Cades Glow by Lightbox Images by Charles Romano, on Flickr
The sun peeked out just for an instant on Cades Cove and I was thankfully not sitting in the car when it did. My ride through the GSMNP was more of a,"wham bam thank you maam" kind of trip. Next time I go I will sure spend more time roaming around. The layers in this photo helped me bring out the foreground and keep the clouds in check.

Nov 24, 2013 at 02:44 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Great Smokey Mountains NP

I like the basic shots, Charlie.
Cloning out the brush in the lower left would be easy. The brush on the mid-right (especially the part that is on the falling water) is also do-able.
IMO a bit of boosting (using basic procedures) would help both images.
If you'd like me to illustrate what I mean by doing a quick edit, please PM me.
Charlie (Shugart )

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Great Smokey Mountains NP

Very nice Charlie. The first is my pick

Morris

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password