New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A storm is coming...

Anurag
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A storm is coming...

Crazy hair. Impish eyes. You can almost see the mischief brewing.

I have an unsettling feeling about it. Like the crop is not where it should be. The one I posted is the one I felt the best about momentarily. I have attached the original if you have another crop in mind.

Nov 23, 2013 at 09:45 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A storm is coming...

A couple of general comments:

When you photograph from such a short distance it exaggerates the size of the nose. That's why most portraits are taken with a longer than normal lens. A few face/nose combinations may actually look good with the distance of a normal lens, but they are exceptions. Few faces look flattering or normal when you get close and use a wide angle lens.

When the empty space above her head. As a general rule excess space above a head is simply wasted. Give the space to the bottom of the frame to allow more flattering compositions.

Nov 24, 2013 at 03:15 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A storm is coming...

?

BTW, love how your are caught in her eye.

Scott

Nov 24, 2013 at 08:27 AM
teppy1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A storm is coming...

a few problems here. First off, you shot her straight on. Your angle is too low-shooting up her nose. Your lens choice is poor. You need a longer lens for portraits. An 85 mm is recommended, but I like 100 mm minimum for portraits. The lighting is very flat. I see color issues as well.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Anurag
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A storm is coming...

Thanks Scott and teppy. The 35 was what was on the body at the time. I have a 135mm lens as well but I had maybe 3 seconds to take that shot before she ran off to wreak havoc elsewhere. If I had more time, I would have switched the lenses out.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.