Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Sea Monster on CA-1

killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sea Monster on CA-1

we are being invaded!!! i saw the spiny back of a sea monster crest the waves! be aware and on alert!

Nov 23, 2013 at 08:26 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Hey Tyler,

Man... You had me heading to the mountains! Both shots are pretty nice, you worked the light really well. Both are sweet, it must have been a great time for you.

Jim

Nov 24, 2013 at 01:31 AM
Steve Perry
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Two awesome shots - love the "monster"

Nov 24, 2013 at 02:13 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Two great images. First one is well seen and captured.
Harsha

Nov 24, 2013 at 02:31 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Awesome !

Nov 24, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Killer,
Two fine interpretations of that magnificent coastline.
I prefer the second image- but by only a small margin.
Your first shot (and title) remind me of the days when I also drank Thunderbird and Ripple .
Charlie

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mjollnir

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Hmmmm....

That looks suspiciously like the string of sea rocks that you can only see if you fjord San Carpoforo Creek and proceed south down the beach.

Nice shots.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Mjollnir wrote:
Hmmmm....

That looks suspiciously like the string of sea rocks that you can only see if you fjord San Carpoforo Creek and proceed south down the beach.

Nice shots.

Maybe... Who's asking?

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Both are beauties, the first is my pick Killer

Morris

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Mjollnir

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sea Monster on CA-1

killersnowman wrote:

Maybe... Who's asking?

Just someone who knows the coast and its many odd corners.

I'm somewhat jealous you got there and got the goods before I did. I was there about three/four years ago with a teensy Panny FS7 and shot it before I knew what I was doing. Surfed there in my youth when conditions were right. Best driftwood beach, depending on the season, south of Oregon.

Well, well done, esp. the first one.

Nov 25, 2013 at 05:44 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sea Monster on CA-1

Mjollnir wrote:
Just someone who knows the coast and its many odd corners.

I'm somewhat jealous you got there and got the goods before I did. I was there about three/four years ago with a teensy Panny FS7 and shot it before I knew what I was doing. Surfed there in my youth when conditions were right. Best driftwood beach, depending on the season, south of Oregon.

Well, well done, esp. the first one.

yea i was surprised to have someone just describe exactly where this was. usually with the beaches along CA-1 everyone thinks they know where stuff is but its never where it is. those rocks have been on my mind for a while now. been wanting to shoot em in the right light. i even got out the day after i shot these and got some cool star trail shots over these rocks.

one thing about this beach at night is there are some weird bioluminescent creatures in the sand that light up when you step near them. i kinda had an Avatar moment where i was walking in the dark on the sand and the spots i was stepping were lighting up like lightning. it was amazing

cheers!

Nov 25, 2013 at 05:57 AM
Mjollnir

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sea Monster on CA-1

killersnowman wrote:
yea i was surprised to have someone just describe exactly where this was. usually with the beaches along CA-1 everyone thinks they know where stuff is but its never where it is. those rocks have been on my mind for a while now. been wanting to shoot em in the right light. i even got out the day after i shot these and got some cool star trail shots over these rocks.

one thing about this beach at night is there are some weird bioluminescent creatures in the sand that light up when you step near them. i kinda had
...Show more

I had no idea that such creatures were there at night. Hmmmm..... makes for interesting possibilities.

If you haven't yet tried, in the headland/forest above the southernmost beach, accessible from the turnout on the big dogleg turn before reaching Carpoforo, the views after hiking out to the edge have interesting comps.

Nov 25, 2013 at 03:02 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password