Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Russia----A girl in Moscow

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Russia----A girl in Moscow

In a small park with her mother- a nod of okay from the girl's ma, a quick shot, and the girl had no time to be upset.
It was just an unusual occurrence in her young life.
And in my life also.
Getting close to people in the then USSR was not very easy- since I was in a tour group and they always kept us moving.

Charlie Shugart 2013

Girl in Moscow

Nov 23, 2013 at 06:53 AM
Wilbus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Russia----A girl in Moscow

I really like it, it looks very "authentic" for some reason. When is it from? You say "the then USSR"

Dec 03, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Russia----A girl in Moscow

Wilbus wrote:
I really like it, it looks very "authentic" for some reason. When is it from? You say "the then USSR"

Glad you like the image, Wilbus.
It IS 100% authentic, because I didn't pose the girl at all.
I almost never do. Nor do I use fill flash.

I took a tour and spent about six weeks traveling in the USSR a year before the Berlin Wall came down.
I left the tour at the end and spent an extra week in St Pete.
We took the Trans-Siberian train as far as Lake Baikal.
Flew into Tashkent and Samarkand.
And of course- spent time in Moscow and St Petersburg.
Those were difficult times for the Russians because they knew the collapse of Communism was imminent- but they didn't have a clue what to do next. Massive countries require considerable centralized control or it's chaos (remember, the Russian people had NEVER experienced freedom from Czars and ruthless government leadership).
Example of the disorganization: in Moscow- they didn't know who was responsible for street-side trash collection- and the sidewalks were almost clogged with it in many areas.
Charlie

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Wilbus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Russia----A girl in Moscow

Aha! Well I didn't mean it looked authentic as in not posed, I meant it looked as if though it was from that era and now I know it was!

Sound both interesting and somewhat terrible to see how a nation goes feet up like that. I mean, a massive nation in somewhat modern times that can't even figure out how to clean up the street or sidewalks? Understandable under the circumstances I guess...

Thanks for the extra info! It gives an already good photo extra depth!

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:49 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password