Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

The dogs first approached the buffalo...no luck there....then they came for the zebras who would have none of it. Unlike kudu who have a soft underbelly zebras have a very tough hide and are not a typical prey item for the dogs. And the zebras know it and they stick together and fight back...and all in golden light. Taken one handed as the other hand was using a video recorder...I suspect neither turned out as well as it might if I had just concentrated on one medium.
I reprocessed the image to a color rendition I think is more accurate...still not 100% sure but I do think it's better.
Eric
orig
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Chitabe-Lebala-Savuti-2013/i-WwH33Tx/0/XL/3BOT2389turningthetables-XL.jpg

New
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Chitabe-Lebala-Savuti-2013/i-jj4TGDq/1/XL/3BOT2389turningthetablesreprocessed-XL.jpg

Edited on Nov 22, 2013 at 07:45 PM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
gschrade
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Pretty good for one-handed Eric. Would love to see the video. I would like to hear the sound that is coming out of that Zebra's mouth there.

George

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

You need a helmet cam Eric! This came our real nice

Morris

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
mmarconi
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

How cool, the drama in the zebras and dogs and the buffalo in the background seem completely uninterested. Love these type of shots, Well done Eric.

Mike

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Reeftank1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Wow Eric!
You rock with one hand. This is a tough shot with even two. Those doggies get to screeching and the sounds alone are deafening. Way to capture as this can be a frightening scene. Did you feel as if something could surprise you from the back of the truck? Hate that feeling. An to think that screeching is often the last thing these prey hear as they get torn up. Dang. Real life bro and fine job. I have to say they get it done quicker than a leo most of the time.

Brian

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:18 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

That's why they invented image stabilization! Really neat and beautiful shot Eric.

Nov 22, 2013 at 08:13 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Great shot for a one-handed grab.

Looks a little to golden on my monitor despite being shot in golden light. Then again, I only use a Retina Macbook Pro so it isn't calibrated in any way.

Thanks for sharing,
Geoff

Nov 22, 2013 at 08:21 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Very cool shot Eric Those zebras were having nothing to do with the doggies

Tim

Nov 22, 2013 at 08:53 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

I really like this shot Eric. Love the charging zebra and the dogs darting in and out. Then
you look in the background and see the seemingly undisturbed buffalo going about their business almost as casual observers.

Shot could be a commentary on an apathetic society

Birdie

Nov 22, 2013 at 09:49 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

very nice Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Zebra is the aggressor here! Cool action shot, nice light Eric. Can't you do video with your camera body and single pic still frames??

Karl

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM
genemiller
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Thrilling action photo, Eric! Also, an informative story to go along with it. All you need now is a head-mounted sports camera to give you complete coverage!

GENE

Edited on Nov 22, 2013 at 01:36 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2013 at 01:07 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Cool shot Eric, well done.
David

Nov 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Great behavioral shot Eric. TFS

Ted

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:30 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

gschrade wrote:
Pretty good for one-handed Eric. Would love to see the video. I would like to hear the sound that is coming out of that Zebra's mouth there.

George

Thanks George...I took a look at the video...not the tension I had hoped for showing through...but a memory none the less.
Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:12 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

morris wrote:
You need a helmet cam Eric! This came our real nice

Morris

Thanks Morris...what I needed was my wife or son...for some reason the other photographer was otherwise occupied
Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:13 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

mmarconi wrote:
How cool, the drama in the zebras and dogs and the buffalo in the background seem completely uninterested. Love these type of shots, Well done Eric.

Mike

Mike, those buffalo couldn't be bothered once the dogs passed them by...now they were someone else's problem. Thanks and it was cool to see unfold.
Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:14 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Reeftank1 wrote:
Wow Eric!
You rock with one hand. This is a tough shot with even two. Those doggies get to screeching and the sounds alone are deafening. Way to capture as this can be a frightening scene. Did you feel as if something could surprise you from the back of the truck? Hate that feeling. An to think that screeching is often the last thing these prey hear as they get torn up. Dang. Real life bro and fine job. I have to say they get it done quicker than a leo most of the time.

Brian

Thanks Brian and yes the dogs would pop up all around, front, back, side...I can only imagine the fear an impala or other antelope must have when a pack this size (22) is chasing after you.
Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:16 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

KCollett wrote:
That's why they invented image stabilization! Really neat and beautiful shot Eric.

I can tell you the IS worked a whole lot better on the DSLR than my video camera....watch it only after taking Dramamine
Eric

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:17 PM
thehotel
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Turning the tables(reprocessed)

Gooood action capture.

Wacky roger

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:18 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.