Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Decay and the circle of life

briancphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Decay and the circle of life

Here is a couple of shots from the Hood River area taken this fall.

This is from an apple orchard. I believe that this orchard has adopted the strategy of produce a few really exceptional apples rather than a large number of okay ones. They actually lay out sheets of reflective mylar like material which I believe helps to even out the red color. They thin the fruit aggressively and appear to only take the best. What is amazing is how many apples don't make the cut and are just left to rot. I ride my bike past this orchard on my way to work.

Close up of a pear that wasn't chosen from another orchard.

I was trying to catch a nice sunset from a sandbar (which never happened) when I thought I smelled something fishy. I was always told to put something interesting in the foreground to improve your photographs. There was a record run of salmon this year here and this is how they all end up. There was another one just off shore splashing around but he wasn't as cooperative at posing Thanks for looking and C and C welcome

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Picture This!
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Decay and the circle of life

great shots, all three of them. But #2 is special. Great choice of b&w.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Decay and the circle of life

I like the first one... would those be honeycrisp?

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM
briancphoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Decay and the circle of life

I wish I knew my apple species better but honeycrisp sure could be right. Thanks Brian

Nov 22, 2013 at 03:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Decay and the circle of life

I like that pear. Send it over and I'll eat it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 05:03 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Decay and the circle of life

Hey Brian,

Very cool shots, each of them is a great shot on their own. Nice vision here with these. You made the limited DOF work in #1, then a very classic B&W feel to #2 to give it a very fine art feel, and #3 looks like a poster for an environmental group, or even in a National Geographic.

Jim

Nov 22, 2013 at 06:10 PM
Joe_A
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Decay and the circle of life

All three shots are beautiful, but the first is among the most original I've seen on this forum. You took an average-looking scene and transformed into an interesting photograph. Great use of the DoF.

Nov 23, 2013 at 07:18 PM
dbehrens
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Decay and the circle of life

Looks like it was a year of bumper crops! I think the orchard is missing a golden opportunity for apple cider - but I love all the pics. 1 and 3 in particular tell a story.
Dave

Nov 24, 2013 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password