New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

rick2906
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

Ok just got the sigma 35 1.4 with usb dock. I wanted to see if I had the latest firmware for my lense and play with adjustment but I get this error: Cannot connect to the server please check you internet connection. Did any of you guys got that error and how were you able to fix it??~original[/IMG]

I followed the step, first connect the usb dock to the lense,after connect put the usb cable to the usb dock then to the computer. The light turn green on the usb dock but afterwards it seem that it can't connect to internet.

I never had problem with my internet connection but I tried some option to fixed the sigma problem:

1- Use a wired connection instead of wireless
2- Turn off firewall
3- Install the software on 3 different computers and I get the same error.

Guys, do you have any suggestion.

Edited on Nov 20, 2013 at 09:06 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 05:14 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

tried their website? It is probably down, I never experienced an issue, guess I could try it now for you

Nov 20, 2013 at 06:26 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

No there website is not down. I re-download the software to make sure I had the latest version but same error. I install the software on 3 different computer and still the same error. If my internet connection is not working I am wandering why the hell I am able to lure on here and spend too much money on gear from the buy and sell section!!

Nov 20, 2013 at 06:42 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

well mine connected fine, also updated the firmware to a new one. Haven't tried the lens out though, too busy atm. But yer, it works for me, so something at your end.

Mike

Nov 20, 2013 at 08:46 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

thanks mike for testing it on your end.

Nov 20, 2013 at 08:56 PM
Bobat

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

Could it be a firewall issue? Try disabling any firewall software and trying again.

Nov 20, 2013 at 09:01 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

I already done that, took off the firewall and install the software on 3 different computer and getting the same error on all of them!! It almost seem to me that is is hardware related(probably a faulty usb dock??) I will call sigma tomorrow and let you know. Someone else might get the same problem.

Nov 20, 2013 at 09:03 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sigma 35 1.4 Nikon Usb dock problem

I guess sigma got scared when I decide to film the problem with chubby! I don't know why but now it seems to work. thanks for anyone who tried to help me out

Nov 20, 2013 at 09:46 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.