May, 2006. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Edited on Nov 23, 2013 at 07:21 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Utah Red Rock

Nice shot, I really like the layers in this photo and how each is slightly more out of focus. It isolates the monument really nice. I do crave a lil more on the bottom just because i can see the start of another layer on the bottom right. If that is a canyon in front of it I want to see it. I am a big fan of that late afternoon light too, always makes me feel like there is a spotlight on my focal points. Thanks for sharing

Charlie

Nov 23, 2013 at 05:23 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Utah Red Rock

Very nice. I like the simplicity. Like Charlie suggested I like to see the foreground revealed more.
Harsha

Nov 23, 2013 at 05:57 PM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Utah Red Rock

Hi Charlie & harsha,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the image, with reservations. I have added a second version of the same image with a little more of the foreground showing not an edge of a canyon, but part of a shallow wash, a common landscape/geologic feature in the Southwest.

Bob

Nov 23, 2013 at 07:19 PM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Utah Red Rock

Wow, I'm surprised you cut it off. I think it adds a whole lot to your composition giving your photo another layer to look at and leads you into the focal point. Glad to see you originally framed it that way and the last version was a crop. Just curious what camera were you using back in 2006? Anyways, a job well done, thanks for sharing Bob.

Charlie

Nov 23, 2013 at 08:40 PM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Utah Red Rock

CheechzeppLn wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised you cut it off. I think it adds a whole lot to your composition giving your photo another layer to look at and leads you into the focal point. Glad to see you originally framed it that way and the last version was a crop. Just curious what camera were you using back in 2006? Anyways, a job well done, thanks for sharing Bob.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I'm glad you like the revised version, captured with an Olympus E-330 & Zuiko Digital f/2.8, 14-54mm Lens.

Exif:

Exposure Time: 1/125
F-stop: f/7.1
Focal Length: 54.00

Bob

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.